Save Johnson Valley

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Sign this petition, have everyone in your household sign it, and SHARE the link with as many people as possible:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4

Keep reading for more info:

While this petition is only for Johnson Valley, the effects could be HUGE for the entire OHV industry. The reason for this is that MANY politicians are currently looking at and involved in the expansion of 29. ALL politicians care about is NUMBERS. We have been telling them the OHV community is massive, and now we have a way to prove that.

WE NEED 30,000 SIGNATURES IN 30 DAYS!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks for the info Dan, I guess the Land Use area isn't the place for Land Use issues now days!

I didn't bother to dig through the whole forum to find something regarding land use posted in a "general" forum, my bad!! :confused:

Last edited:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
NP, I figured you didn't see it. Land use is the right spot, maybe Todd can join these two threads...

Dan ...

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Sory for not putting the original post in the Land Use forum. I figured it would get more views & traction if in the General Discussion page. I know Land Use forums don't see the volume of readers a General Discussion page would. My goal was to make sure as many people saw this and signed it.

On RDC if you post something in the Land Use forum, you will get zero input. No one will see or read it. That trail is never traveled! Put it in the General Racing page and you are lucky to get a dozen replies. The folks on RDC are more into drama and not into saving our land or rights. I guess they think Race Promoters will fight for the land and we don't have to do anything. I posted stuff on AB1595 when it first came out. I got less then a dozen replies and most were from those like Kim who are fighting for our land and rights.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Sory for not putting the original post in the Land Use forum.
Hey no worries, the more exposure the better . . . a mod should put it on the main page!!!

Every OHV enthusiast should sign this!!

The next Johnson Valley may be in their back yard!

This also has greater ramifications, reaching far beyond California and JV . . .

We need to show this green Administration that OHV is a HUGE united community and send the message to quit screwing with our recreation!!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Hey no worries, the more exposure the better . . . a mod should put it on the main page!!!

This also has greater ramifications, reaching far beyond California and JV . . .

We need to show this green Administration that OHV is a HUGE united community and send the message to quit screwing with our recreation!!!
Exactly! If they get Johnson Valley, then it just gives the military and our government more power and leverage to make it happen in other places. I am worried if we lose JV then it will give the Navy more incentives and power to take or close more of Plaster City/Superstition for their bombing range.

Poisonous

Poison Spyder Princess
Jul 12, 2010
Redlands, CA
www.poisonspyder.com
The White House raise the number of signatures required to 100,000 yesterday . . .

I brought this to the attention of Shannon Welch of Ultra4 Racing, who also happens to be the one manning this petition effort. Her response to me was this:

"We are GOOD Guys! They said they wouldn't retroactively apply it to existing petitions. Our petition shows we need 25K Signatures! We may be the LAST petition to get a response at that number! They posted their announcement at 3PM PST. Our Petition was live at 8:30 AM."

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
i was signature 5,851 and just checked the site, we only need 18,000 more, so it look like we got in just in time :rolleyes: not that we couldn't get 100,000 but 25k is a little easier in the time frame...

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca

AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Nice to see it at 8,700 signatures with folks from around the country participating.

There may be hope for our sport after all . . . while the number required is 25k, the goal was 30k and what we really want to do is get every signature possible.

According the Gumbernment stats there are about 55 million of us or 1/6th of the U.S. population . . . a million signatures should be possible if this got spread around EVERYWHERE!!!

This is as much about showing mass and unity as it is saving an area.

Turn it in with 25k or 750k signatures . . . which would grab more attention???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000