Rzr xp4 1000 BITD Build

Larry sobo

Sep 28, 2016
New to the forum so this is my first post. I'm building a BITD xp4. Has anyone done a build or heard of one where the back seats can be installed for the weekends with the family?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Short answer is no. If you plan to race BITD then you build to be competitive. Racing BITD or Score in not a cheap investment. If you wanting to race at that level you need to take it seriously and your race machine is just that. It's not a weekend play toy. You buy a second machine for that. If you can't afford a second be UTV, then you can't afford to race BITD or any big series, seriously or competitively. Sorry just telling the truth.

The type of part time race / play machine it sounds like you want to build would be perfect for a series like District 38. It's a good family environment that would allow you to race a moderately built up UTV, but still make it family friendly. Your whole race budget would be less then your gas budget in a BITD race. Entries are cheap, courses are good and short enough you can do a lap on a stock tank of fuel (Yes stock tanks are allowed in District 38)

Check out D38 and see if this is more your speed and budget. I know a few guys who work for big team race shops, who have taken their play UTV's and gone race a D38 race for fun. That's what D38 is, it's fun.

Reactions: Simi Dude

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Lighten up Nikal. Its not like its your money he wants to spend! Haha.

He does speak the truth though. You aren't going to be competitive. Having said that there is a 4 seat car that has retained the back seats and ran in a couple races. If you are just out for the experience of running some of the iconic races like The Mint or V2R and not concerned about the race results, then you could do the minimum to a 4 seater to pass tech without spending a fortune. Enter the sportsman class will start you behind the racers that will bump you if you slow them down, and its a cheaper entry fee.

Since you didn't mention anything about a budget or how competitive you want to be then by all means feel free to spend like a congress member that has been in office for 30 years. I do remember one racer throwing around the idea of taking a 4 seater and making it a 3 seater with a center seat in the back. He was hoping to sell rides in the 3rd seat to reduce his racing costs. IMHO, if you have to do that to go racing, you need to find a cheaper series or a cheaper hobby.

Larry sobo

Sep 28, 2016
Lighten up Nikal. Its not like its your money he wants to spend! Haha.

He does speak the truth though. You aren't going to be competitive. Having said that there is a 4 seat car that has retained the back seats and ran in a couple races. If you are just out for the experience of running some of the iconic races like The Mint or V2R and not concerned about the race results, then you could do the minimum to a 4 seater to pass tech without spending a fortune. Enter the sportsman class will start you behind the racers that will bump you if you slow them down, and its a cheaper entry fee.

Since you didn't mention anything about a budget or how competitive you want to be then by all means feel free to spend like a congress member that has been in office for 30 years. I do remember one racer throwing around the idea of taking a 4 seater and making it a 3 seater with a center seat in the back. He was hoping to sell rides in the 3rd seat to reduce his racing costs. IMHO, if you have to do that to go racing, you need to find a cheaper series or a cheaper hobby.

I guess I left a lot unsaid in my original post. As far as budget, I have committed to build a competitive BITD vehicle. I evaluated the cost for months before starting and am aware of the money pit I'm getting myself into. Do I think I will build a car and be up in the front nudging some of the icons, probably not although it would be pretty cool. My initial goal is to just finish a race. I do not want to race the sportsman class. My ultimate goal is to be competitive

My question was more frame configuration oriented.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
If you are set on keeping the back seats you will have to build the car more like the 2 seaters are built. That means putting the fuel cell under the seats. It gets crowded above the engine bay when you start installing things like larger air cleaner, parker pumper, spare tire, blue light, etc.

The biggest thing you can do is meticulous prep on your car. Do that, regardless of your setup, and don't drive over your abilities and you will finish mid pack. Is that considered competitive? Thats up to you. Its fun to mix it up with other drivers, even if its not lead pack. Some races a finish feels like a win. I'd define what "competitive" means to you then determine if that is realistic with what you want to build and your budget.

My belief is that next season the N/A class is going to be a great class to mix it up in. Once the last of the factory teams go to the turbo class its going to open opportunities for other racers to shine. Right now you are competing against a lot of money, resources, and experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000