rzr s exhaust

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket exhausts for the RZR S? Would an after market exhaust make as big a difference on the "S" model as it does on the standard one? I wasnt sure if the "S" model has an updated exhaust. Im looking for something with awesome power gains and a better sound that stock. I want something that sounds deep, mean and racey but not obnoxiously loud. Something that when you start up the car, you think "that sounds bada$$" and gets your blood pumping.
Ive heard good things about Muzzys and DMC, just seeing what everyone has and other recommendations. Also, I hear the new intakes and efi controllers make a big difference. Anyone with experience with these? Whats the good setup on these motors?

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Installed one on my regular RZR. Highest quality exhaust I have ever dealt with. No performance gain over the Supertrapp that I was running. I would not expect an improvement on a mild S. On a modded S they help quite a bit per the Holz dyno charts on their Kroyer stage 3 kit.

LouDiamond

De Oppresso Liber - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
Without engine and or ECM modifications, adding an aftermarket exhaust is going to show very little increase in HP for the associated cost and in some cases, you might loose HP just for a "sound" thats different from stock. All of the bolt on options out there (exhaust, power commanders, etc) that claim increased HP are pretty much snake oil. You may get one or two HP but for the money spent, its a poor investment. On a modified engine, these things can and do actualy help.

The S has a pretty good exhaust on it compared to the non S. If thats not what you're looking for then I would point you toward the Muzzy kit with the quite cores as it has a deep throaty sound thats louder than stock but not obnoxious. With the quite cores it comes in right around 91dB while at idle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000