Round 1 SR1 Championship Review!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
First, I have to say WOW to everyone who came out and raced at the first round of the SR1 Championship Series!! 14 SR1s came out for this round - the whole UTV field was SR1s (except for one little Pilot dude!)!

Half of that field came from Arizona, so I have to give a huge THANK YOU to the AZ racers that made the treck out there! Bobby should get the midnight oil award for getting his Teryx swapped and race-able in time to race with us! There were several other builds that were finished up just in time, as well - so kudos to everyone who busted ass to get to this round!!

The CA Regional folks were super welcoming and fully supportive of this new little series!! THANK YOU to Lee, Ken and everyone who has helped us pump this mini series up and make it a success! AZ regional racers had their license fees waived, and I believe that favor will be returned for the CA regional racers that come out for Round 2 - thanks, you guys!!

Kenny at Black Rhino, who's been a HUGE support to us, kept his word (of course!) and was out handing out crisp $50 bills to everyone who came and raced!! Black Rhino fielded at least three cars, and was there to help several AZ racers who needed parts/tools after Friday's practice as well!

Big shout out to Kerry Environmental, who hauled all of their SR1s out from AZ to help fill the field - those guys (and lady!) always look like they are having a good time, and it's just an awesome company that supports it's employee's racing dreams.

Jimmy Fishback was killing it in his wheelie machine - I think he's hooked on this whole racing thing! :) Congrats on First place overall!!

Jason had a lot more fun after he adjusted his shocks.....and drove a great race to come in second overall, giving Jimmy some good competition till the end.

Gary Thompson was super fast, and came in a close third in the main, just behind Jason. Good to see Gary and his family again!! :)

As promised, we didn't pay ourselves out, so Brian Osborn was able to take home some third place cash for his fourth place finish, and he was looking fast out there as well!

I, myself, had a good view of the race from my infield position after getting broken on turn two of lap one - oh well. At least I was thinking enough when I parked it to give myself a good view of the racing action - haha!

I saw Ryan Torres had pics up of the races already, so check out Ryan Torres Photography for some cool pics of the UTV class! Also, I would imagine points will be up soon at the SR1Championship website as well! :)

Next race is in May, folks!! Speedworld......I hope everyone comes out for this one as well, I think we will actually be adding a few cars to the field. We could be close to 20 cars if everyone comes out!! :) How cool would that be?? :)

Thanks again, and great job racing you guys/ladies!! :)

Reactions: 1 person

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
yea what a great turn out and thank you guys for a great series to race in and thank my sponcer black rhino too gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000