Rockstar Racing Henderson 250 recap

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
It was a very chilly 35 degrees outside with a light wind. We lined up at the very last of 12 cars. The car was cold and seemed to take a bit to warm up so our start was a little slow but we managed to beat the Rhino next us and off we went chasing the lights of everyone else. We were running strong and our shocks recently tuned by Todd from Fox Racing were awesome. We began to pick off cars in the large rocky whoop section. The 1930 was doing well but our RZR was working better and we passed him. We pulled away and began to push to catch the top 4. We could see the dust but they were a long way away. With my hands frozen solid we pushed on and passed Jagged X pulled off the side of the track and out of the car. They never stay down long so we were watching for them prepared to let them by. We saw lights coming, but it wasn't Jagged it was the 1930! We were on a long straight and I was on the rev limiter at about 62MPH. He pulled away in the straight. We came to the main pit with no problems so we didn't stop. We passed the 1930 as he was pitting and were told by our crew that we were in 3rd place! We headed back out on the track with 1930 on our tail. We diced with them in the big whoops but again on the straight away he was able to get away. We kept him in our sight but were unable to close the gap. We crossed the line 4th but may have beat the 1930 in time. As I write this I have not seen the times yet. Either way we had a great day. The car was fast and our suspension was fantastic. Special thanks to my Co-rider Corina Fallon and her husband Gil for coming through to help get the car prepped while our crew chief was out of town. Thanks to the rest of my crew: Corry, Eric and Ashely our self proclaimed cheer leader! Our GBC tires never let us down. We are actually on or 3 rd race with this set of tires. Couldn't ask for anything better! Thank you to Parker Oil: the fastest fuel around, Turbo Resource: entry fee money is always appreciated, Rugged Radio: because you know communication is key, RZR Wrap: our car always looks fast, Allcoat powder coat: for keeping us shining, Tire Balls for helping keep our GBC Tries inflated, UTVUnderground for the great pictures, and AO Coolers: for keeping the finish line beers cold! The pictures I am attaching are courtesy of Joey at UTVUnderground.

Attachments

dirtlover

Jan 12, 2011
So Cal
Yes....it sure was a cold race. I had so many layers of clothes on I barely got in the car, lol. Hope Parker will be a bit warmer! Congrats on your 1st place finish. What happened to #1999? I saw him on the road on the way to the start and just noticed he had a DNF and it was just the two of you in the your class. It was fun racing you, even though we finished almost three minutes ahead of you guys ;). We have had a rough season and glad it ended with a 3rd place finish for our Pro UTV #1930 team :rolleyes:.

Hope to see you in Parker in January.

Tammy
Pro UTV #1930

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Awesome for you guys! We didn't look at any times and I didn't know where you all started. Too cold to do any homework :) I too hope Parker is not so cold! My finger is still numb! See you in a few short weeks!

yield2me

May 17, 2011
Yes....it sure was a cold race. I had so many layers of clothes on I barely got in the car, lol. Hope Parker will be a bit warmer! Congrats on your 1st place finish. What happened to #1999? I saw him on the road on the way to the start and just noticed he had a DNF and it was just the two of you in the your class. It was fun racing you, even though we finished almost three minutes ahead of you guys ;). We have had a rough season and glad it ended with a 3rd place finish for our Pro UTV #1930 team :rolleyes:.

Hope to see you in Parker in January.

Tammy
Pro UTV #1930
We lost the spindle bearings by Pit 1 on the second lap. My wife drove the first lap and had a great time with no issues. She wasnt pushing it hard.....that was my job on the second lap! See how well that worked out! I just didnt want her and my son to have issues, and they didnt. It was a fun day, and she said the really liked the course (except for the drop offs!)

I doubt we will be at Parker. We kind of pick a few races a year to go to, and just trail ride the rest of the year.

Congrats on the finish!

Rob

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Bummer! We would have liked to stayed after to meet you all but it was so cold we headed back to Havasu. Nice to see another wife in th driver seat! Hope to see you again!

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Congrats on the finish and lets get together in Parker!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000