Rock Front..July 27/28

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
I'd like to invite you folks up to my stomping grounds. Rock Front ( off of hiway 166 between Santa Maria and Cuyama) is Natl Forest and has some really nice trails, not much rock, great views, and lots of elevation changes. Not real technical but challenging enough to keep you awake. Camping space is limited but we should be able to fit a dozen rigs in the area. Temps probably into the low 90s and there is some shade. Youtube has some vids you can check out to get an idea of the area.
Long haul for some I know. 1 1/2 hours from Bakersfield, 2 1/2 from Santa Clarita, and about 2 1/2 from Simi.
It would be fun to show you my usual riding area.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
sounds like fun Randy, but I'll be doing June lake that week.... :(

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
That weekend is good for me. The 13th 14th would also work for me provided nothing pressing comes up, and really, few things out rank camping and riding for me:D

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Randy, Do we need a wilderness pass? Price to camp?

Same questions for the Miller jeep trail? :confused:
Technically you need a forest adventure pass but I have yet to get one nor has any ranger asked for it. They are more concerned about spark arrestors and green stickers.

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Just a reminder for those I didn't talk to at Frazier, I'm still planning a group ride at Rock Front. Something new for those who have not been there. It's a fun place!

Reactions: 1 person

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Hey Randy this is great you showing us your trails , I remember you talking about them at the tent trip and they sound fun . I can't make this one but would hope to make one down the road .

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I'm still a go on this trip... I need to get out before the bar opens, cause I know there will be very limited riding after that.. But then again I could get the call that week of the ride.....lol...

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
So far we have

1.John Berry
2.Rokit
3.Govacho
4.Rzrcrsi(maybe)
5.JohnPeq (maybe)
6.TheGimp
7. Larry (local friend)

I have a couple local friends interested. Did a ride with them yesterday and had a blast. This place is a great ride folks. you wont want to miss it!

Last edited:

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
:D
So far we have

1.John Berry
2.Rokit
3.Govacho
4.Rzrcrsi(maybe)

And maybe a couple of my local buddies. If enough folks commit I may get a porto pottie for us poor folks with no RVs.
Find a gopher hole, gravity will do the rest . : :D

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Hey Rich, will you post up the picture of the bite mark I saw on your rear when you picked up that thing off the ground? I couldn't place it but now it make so much sense.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000