RIP Special K

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
As many of you know Kurt Casseli succumbed to injuries during the running of the 1000. Details are sketchy but it is always a great loss of an icon of off-road whether it be motorcycles, UTVs, ATVs, or trucks. Reminds me too much of the loss of Danny Hamel many years ago.

My thoughts and prayers to Kurts family, friends and asscociates!:(

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Kurt was beyond a doubt one of the greatest riders to throw his leg over the seat of a bike. I have seen him in action for years and his style and skill has grown each year, every National I worked it would be a race from one point to another to watch him and the other pro's come through. My best memory was on Emerson Dry Lake bed, Kurt hit that lake pinned and passed us at over a 100 mph headed south to the berm and hillclimb back South. Fully tucked to the tank, on the rev limiter, he just sticks his arm out with a thumbs ups.
I was out early on Friday morning when he came through to San Felipe, we were out in a remote area and he was right there within 20 feet of the 1X Honda charging the whoops and waiting, both of them using each others light to push to daylight.
But what I will always remember most was the great person, taking time for anyone to talk, take a pic or sign a item. Coming out to a race a day early to shake the hands and talk to the youth racers during the kids event. He lived close and could of came in the AM but loved the lifestyle of D-37 and growing up in it.
And those goofy shoes.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
RIP Kurt... I know your riding hare and hound with the rest of the D-37 brothers up there. Kick up some dirt for us...

Reactions: 1 person

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
So so sad, and heart breaking hearing and being a part of Baja when it takes another young man's life who was at the top of his game. This should serve as a reminder of how dangerous Baja and MX can be and how lucky we are to return home after being down there.

RIP Kurt. You will be greatly missed. He's now riding with some of the best there's ever been

RIP Lusk, Ox, McNeil, Taka and now Kurt

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Earlier in the day Joey and I saw 2x and 1x battling on the hi-way section less than 30 seconds apart and 765 miles into the race. RIP Kurt.

The UTVUnderground & Race-Dezert chase crew was sitting around RM230 on Friday when we first heard of the crash. The details were unknown at that point. Within minutes a reliable source confirmed that Kurt had passed from a bad wreck. The team discussed how to handle the info. We made a decision to not post anything. We didn't want the family to find out from us. These days everyone has a smart phone and people will post things without considering the impact of their words. I am glad to be part of this crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
we were at the hilltoppers hare scrambles in JV sat/sun. the mood was somber. hard news to take. they did a flashlight vigil at 6pm sunday night on the lakebed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000