Red Cross First Aid APP

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Rich, i checked this APP out, and it is pretty cool!!!

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
wow, i just downloaded it. thanx for that. we had a few small incidents on long rides before. this will help. burned my leg bad on a zuk 400e one time far from camp. ripped skin off. :mad:

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Rich, i checked this APP out, and it is pretty cool!!!
Thanks Dave , I hope it helps and at the same time not needed .

wow, i just downloaded it. thanx for that. we had a few small incidents on long rides before. this will help. burned my leg bad on a zuk 400e one time far from camp. ripped skin off. :mad:
I did some thing like that when I was young and it got infected , it was ugly .

I downloaded the app! Thanks for the info. Having kids and trail riding this could come in handy.
A big x2 on the kid thing .

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Cool app and its free. Videos to show you how to help some one injured. Also app works without internet connection

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thanks Rich for passing that app on to everyone.

I highly recommend that anyone traveling more than 30 minutes from a trauma care level hospital, take a Wilderness First Aid course also. It's just 16 hours or so, plus the CPR segment prior.

Well worth it... I'm teaching a course this fall for hunters and OHV enthusiats in northwest NM, but check with your local American Red Cross office to see what they offer.

Link to Riverside County area Red Cross' course:
http://riversidecounty.redcross.org/general.asp?SN=12219&OP=12467&IDCapitulo=60I1TP248E

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Thanks Rich for passing that app on to everyone.

I highly recommend that anyone traveling more than 30 minutes from a trauma care level hospital, take a Wilderness First Aid course also. It's just 16 hours or so, plus the CPR segment prior.

Well worth it... I'm teaching a course this fall for hunters and OHV enthusiats in northwest NM, but check with your local American Red Cross office to see what they offer.

Link to Riverside County area Red Cross' course:
http://riversidecounty.redcross.org/general.asp?SN=12219&OP=12467&IDCapitulo=60I1TP248E
Wilderness First Aid course , I have been wanting to look in too it , I have my first aid / CPR cert for work and wondered what that class was about other then first aid in the wilderness .

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Wilderness First Aid course , I have been wanting to look in too it , I have my first aid / CPR cert for work and wondered what that class was about other then first aid in the wilderness .
Some of the protocols change when you are further away from definitive care (emergency room). Having basic First Aid and CPR/AED certification prior makes the WFA easier, but now things such as caring and packaging for a longer transport/delayed treatment come into play.

But with us all spending days out in remote riding areas, it's a good idea for several persons to be trained in what to do. I like that I was a trained EMT-P with the fire service, but worry about what if it's me that needs care.

If there is a group of riders that get together, they can host a class. Most instructors will do classes for 6-10 students. Cost varies, here it runs around $125 per person. But if you are affiliated with Boy Scouts, you can get the course for much less.

Your nearest ARC office is probably in Arcadia:
376 West Huntington Drive
Arcadia
<NOBR> (626) 447-2193</NOBR>

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Thanks for all the info Darryl . I like the what about me Idea , we think were superman until we trip on a piece of kryptonite . :D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Im down for First Aid Class. That would be good for all the rides and AAT stuff

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
just found another red cross facility cprdirectory.com 681 s tustin st city of orange 800-800-2639 , said earlier in theard be nice to get a goup together
Im down for First Aid Class. That would be good for all the rides and AAT stuff
Yes guys and from my understanding with the ATT( adopt a trail and the OHV volunteer programs They have classes for this and others with there peeps to teach the classes at low cost ( I'll say $40 ) pending but not real sure on the price so don't quote me on that when you join one of the programs .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000