Yamaha Ready for long travel.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Who has first hand experience the hcr kit? I noticed it uses the stock ball joints, is that a good thing or bad, are they going to hold up very well? I do mostly rock crawling and trail riding, with the occasional whoops and jumps.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The HCR kit is a nice kit, but our Cognito kit has alot more STANDARD features than the HCR kit and I can make you a great deal on one.

Sale price is $3200.

Heres a picture.

What do you get?

a-arm set with poly bushings, 3/4 uni balls, stainless taper pins, fox shocks, 300m summer bros rear axles and 4340 summer bros front axles.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Nice looking kit and price. Is it +6? And how much longer front and back? What's your location and is that price installed?
Thanks for your help

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nice looking kit and price. Is it +6? And how much longer front and back? What's your location and is that price installed?
Thanks for your help
Its a +6 kit. 1-3/4 back and 1/2 forward. We are in bakersfield CA and no that price is not installed. This price is for your basic 660 rhino kit. Add 100 of 08 and up. Also we have shock upgrades for the guys that want adjustable shocks.

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
Its a +6 kit. 1-3/4 back and 1/2 forward. We are in bakersfield CA and no that price is not installed. This price is for your basic 660 rhino kit. Add 100 of 08 and up. Also we have shock upgrades for the guys that want adjustable shocks.
Do you guys setup the shocks for the type of riding and rhino a guy has?

Nice looking kit................

What's the additional cost for fox RC2's?

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Thanks for your help

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Do you guys setup the shocks for the type of riding and rhino a guy has?

Nice looking kit................

What's the additional cost for fox RC2's?
We set our kit up in the desert. With them being set up in the desert they are going to be perfect for 98% of the users. I try and push everyone in the direct of RC2's that way if the kit is a little to stiff for him in the chop he can soften it up...if its a little too soft on the big hit he can stiffen it up. I havent heard any complains as of yet.

The RC2 is a $500 upgrade. so $3700 for 04-07 and $3800 of 08 and up.

Last edited:

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
$3700 is a great price for a +6 with RC2's, you've got me thinkin.........

Any stright front on and rear pic's of one installed on a rhino?

I run 26x9x12's on a 4 seater and just wondering just how much they'd stick out.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
$3700 is a great price for a +6 with RC2's, you've got me thinkin.........

Any stright front on and rear pic's of one installed on a rhino?

I run 26x9x12's on a 4 seater and just wondering just how much they'd stick out.
Heres a straight on of my car with the BOC's. I will have to dig around for something else. This is a 4on4 offset wheel.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Mine is a 2008, is the extra 100 bucks for brake lines? Also can you get the kit with complete axles so I don't have to use my stock cv cages?

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Mine is a 2008, is the extra 100 bucks for brake lines? Also can you get the kit with complete axles so I don't have to use my stock cv cages?
Yes the extra $100 is for the rear break line set up. Sorry we dont offer a full axle replacement. We did when we first started and had nothing but problems with axles pulling out. Now we only offer the summer brothers set up as we feel they are the best option on the market.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
hey badbinder i had the hcr long travel just a few weeks ago and sold it to buy the cognito kit.the hcr kit is a nice kit but i wanted more adjustability and the hcr kit had none. I feel the hcr kit has a great arm but i wasnt happy with the king shocks . The cognito kit is an amazing kit and you cant beat it when you step up to the fox rc2 shocks. and the price you wont beat unless you buy some junk. So after having both i would most definatley give big jim a call and get it coming. The cognito kit is super easy to install and fits great. Its also rumored that their special prices may go away soon but again thats just what i heard...

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Also if you are running a 2 seat bed delete it is worth checking out the tower kit. The new BOC shocks are amazing and well worth the price.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
I've just been weighing all my options, trying to decide if I should keep dumping money into the rhino or sell it and get a rzr 4 and put a bench seat in place of the rear buckets cause I always pack the wife and 2 kids around. But we just found out that we have another kid on the way. So, not quite sure if sticking with the rhino is my best bet yet.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
my old rhino was set up as 5 seat ...i dont think you could do 5 seat in anything but e teryx but i may be mistaken ...just keep it and improve as you go ...anything is a money pit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000