Rally Racing in a UTV

sv12

Dec 7, 2015

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
The Idaho Rally was amazing, For those of you on the forum like myself who have plenty of desert and short course knowledge this is great avenue to go have some fun in a SXS. Ill have a full race report to follow at some point but heres a few pictures from the Idaho Rally over the weekend.

idaho rally 12.jpg idaho rally 7.jpg idaho rally 1.jpg idaho rally 3.jpg

NASA Rally Sport

Jun 8, 2017
Greetings!

We're really excited that more teams can join us on our rally adventures! As was mentioned, we are currently the ONLY rally sanctioning body that offers classes for: Bikes (RallyMoto), ATV's, and UTV's. But the good news is that we're the BIGGEST sanctioning body in North America dedicated to Rally!

We're working to make a change to our schedule page that lists these classes right next to the event. So that you KNOW you can enter in your Bike/ATV/UTV and don't have to get a hold of the organizer.
But in the mean time: Gorman Rally (SoCal), Prescott Rally (AZ), and Mendocino (NorCal), will be SxS events for 2017! This weekend the Rallye Saguenay in Quebec Canada is running ATV's and SxS! We will be having a discussion with the organizers of the Doo Wop rally in Washington to see if they would like to add SxS's to the event.

To end my quick introduction -
My name is Kris Marciniak, and I'm the West Coast Director of NASA Rally Sport. Along with the East Coast Director Anders Green, we oversee 20+ rally events across North America! The NASA is the National Auto Sport Association of which we run NASA Rally Sport under. Check out nasarallysport - and all over social media @NASARallySport

Thanks,
See you on the stages!

- Kris

From Rallye Saguenay - running TODAY:

skunx

Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
So just and update on the next Rally Race, Currently 14 entries with Stephan and myself the only ones in UTV classes. It would be great to see some more representation from the SXS community as this form is super fun and Gorman is a more local rally (for me) heres the link if anyone is interested and if you guys have tech or just general questions feel free to ask myself or Chris who is @nasarallysport

http://www.gormanrally.com

rally 10 year rzr.png

Reactions: sv12

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
So just and update on the next Rally Race, Currently 14 entries with Stephan and myself the only ones in UTV classes. It would be great to see some more representation from the SXS community as this form is super fun and Gorman is a more local rally (for me) heres the link if anyone is interested and if you guys have tech or just general questions feel free to ask myself or Chris who is @nasarallysport

http://www.gormanrally.com

View attachment 14260
Can Sara codog for Cody?

dezertracer

May 22, 2016
I'm trying to make it. Still need to get a couple things figured out on the car. Any prize money in rally racing?

skunx

Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
I'm trying to make it. Still need to get a couple things figured out on the car. Any prize money in rally racing?
Not tha I've seen, hell I think since racing sxs since 2007 I've been lucky to get some cash back at worcs and canam payouts for a little while. Just Shredding for the Passion of it still

Reactions: dezertracer

sv12

Dec 7, 2015
Here is what you need to be legal for rally racing if you have a bone stock side by side.
- Custom race cage. I got mine from Rhys Millen Racing.
- Aluminum roff covering driver and co-driver. 0.125 thick. (RMR)
- SFI seats (Sparco)
- SFI min 5 points harness (Sparco)
- Full Doors.
- 1, 10 BC extinguisher
- Green sticker
- Spark arrestor
- 1 Rear view mirror
- SFI nets. (driver and co-driver) (Sparco)
- 3 emergency triangle
- 1 Rally Spill kit
- 1 Emergency kit
- 1 showel
- Snell Helmets (Sparco)
- SFI suits (Sparco)

THAT'S IT!!!!

So if you've been racing off road, short course etc, your sxs should already be 95% ready.

Gorman is gonna be an awesome rally and really easy on the machine too. All the roads are nice semi groomed trails, no whoops or big rocks. You only need 1 person to drive your truck and trailer to the service park, my girlfriend drive it and my co-driver and I work on the car during services if needed.

If you have any questions you can message me.

Reactions: Matt Martelli - CEO

skunx

Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JAMES HILL DOMINATES GORMAN RIDGE RALLY AND CONTINUES WINNING STREAK

Lake Elsinore, CA. (August 22, 2017) IMG Motorsports, James Hill Wins Gorman Ridge Rally in UTV and furthers points lead in the Production class. Hill and Co-driver Riley McGuinness drove their IMG Motorsports outfitted UTV to secure 6 out of 12 Stage wins. While the duo proved they belong in the top spot on course they had received a 3 minute time penalty in a transit that ended them in 2nd overall out of the entire event and Top finishing UTV.

“ We knew when Verdier had a mechanical in his Turbo car that we had to keep up the times and land a UTV on top, Riley was on point all day and our car was flawless. We had a hiccup in transit and picked up a three minute time penalty which put us into 2nd For the event overall but we had a blast and can’t thank our supporters enough! ” said Hill

Nasa Rally Sports Gorman Ridge Rally takes place at the Hungry Valley Recreational Park where Parc Expose and Service were held at the Honey Valley Group Camp. A total entry of 25 vehicles The Gorman Rally Ridge ran incredibly smooth with the help of 90 or more volunteers to take on duty including timing, radio, crew and sweeps.

Team 991 UTV is Powered by:

IMG Motorsports, RaceLine Wheels, Big Gun Exhaust, Walker Evans Shocks, SuperATV, Benchmark Performance and PCI Race Radios.

Social: @IMGMotorsports

Attachments

Reactions: dezertracer

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I am assuming a less aggressive tread like a traditional rally style tire. Smaller tire size as well.
ITP BajaCross. I've run those on my 800 S on this very trail hauling mail and they will let you scoot very fast without catching and over gripping. I think a competent driver and a UTV would blow this time for the 2W car away. I just might have to think about this one. Only drawback is going to be having a stout enough rig in case the inevitable happens and you get a "flyer". It's definitely not going to be able to perform like that Subi that lept off of Pikes Peak awhile back. 6 point cage for sure and maybe a ballistic parachute! LOL!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000