Racing Dreamz end of year newsletter

Hi folks. Yep, it's that time again. The end of year newsletter. I like to sit back and reflect on how we got to where we are today. We have a great many thanks and a few sorrows. 2012 has been a roller coaster ride of a year. But we feel that we are on the right track and moving forward. If it hadn't been for a great many good folks like you, we would not be where we are today. So, if you let me, I'd like to try to list all the people that has stepped up to help Racing Dreamz. If I miss anyone, please forgive me. There have been so many. First, I have to thank the folks that helped us achieve our 501(c)3, tax exempt, non profit charity status. Without their help, we probably would still be just a Tennessee state register charity. So with that done, please allow me to list the good people and companies that has volunteered to sponsor and promote Racing Dreamz.

Doug Siddens of Forum Foundry
Adam Maxwell of The Paint Booth
Adam Plitco
Leo Schmied, aka The Dragon and Wizard
Jim Eagan, Jim Eagan Graphic Design
The Atlantic Racing Team(both online and real racing team)
iRacing
The great folks at Peerless Woodworking
Frank Rico of Ricmotech
Playseat
Simon Hayes of Performance Physixx
Pitster Pro
KandiUSA
BMS(Boreem Motor Sports)
Ron Segall of TROPHY KART
Rob Miller of The Lone Star Grand Prix
Joi Dance of Campus Chalet Embroidery
Jason Halls of Quantum Racing Inc(UTV Rally Raid)
Associated Electronics
Joseph Roque and Nick Black(building our own sim kart track)
Tim Steed
Scott Rehn
Billie Farthing, Esq.
Scott MacDonald of Seminole Financial Services
Erik Schaus
Janie Osborne
Josh Jackson
Charlsey Szaflarski
Bob Barnard Track Engineering
Ryan Von Steinem
TagTeam UTV
Carter County Car Club

These great people and companies have done so much to help Racing Dreamz, we cannot ever begin to repay them. They have gotten us where we are today.

With that said, let's go one to our plans for the year 2013. We plan on purchasing the 95 acres here in Elizabethton and begin building. Bob Barnard Track Engineering(Phillips Island, Daytona Motorcycle Course, Road Atlanta, Mooresville Karting) has graciously agreed to design our asphalt road track system. We plan to intertwine the off road kart course in with this design to cover 85+ acres. This promises to be, not just a, but THE world class kart track. So, we are really looking forward to begin this venture. But, before we build that, we have to build the Racing Dreamz training facility. We have the basic blue prints(plan on purchasing the complete plans) for a 2000+ sq ft garage. We plan on finishing 1/3 of that space to house the office, sim training room(which will be called the Cooter Room, as our late Pomeranian loved to sit and watch me sim race), the Performance Physixx physical training room and the commons area which will contain a kitchen area and snack/relaxation area. This will leave plenty of space to house the shop/garage area for the karts. The rough shell will cost us about $18K in materials. A few good people have volunteered to help us raise this barn/garage. Then we'll have to finish it. We hope to do all this within two months after we close on the property. At least the shell. We will be at least be able to house the Cooter Sim room and get the kids started in that training and our office. There is $75K worth of timber on the property, which is sold and Donna and I will be taking a personal mortgage for the remainder cost of the land. The small remainder of funds from the timber sales will pay for the materials for the garage. More fund raising will be required to construct the karting tracks once Mr. Barnard has finished his design. But, more on that later.
For 2013, we have decided to start our own, real, off road racing team. Trophy Kart has stepped up to sponsor this by providing a kart for us to use. The RD team will be racing at the UTV RallyRaid UTV off road endurance series at the Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, Tn. The RD kids will be the pit crew and team management. Sort of an On The Job training for them. This will give them great 'hands on' real time experience and have a blast doing it. We are really looking forward to this adventure.
Also on this note, I'd like to add that both Trophy Kart and Pitster Pro have authorized Racing Dreamz to become distributors for their products. ALL proceeds from any sales goes to the Racing Dreamz Youth Complex fund, exclusively. This will help pay for the property, building and maintenance of the complex and the organization. Or, pay the bills. :) Our original plans were to grow blackberrys and give the kids a great work ethic from picking the berries, but that would take up more room away from our mission and with the kids helping in the distributorship, this will be more inline with our mission. We hope this work ethic will help them in their future working career.
So, we have a full plate ahead of of this year. But before I close, I want to thank Donna, our director, and my wife, for sticking with me and seeing/sharing my dream. The concept of Racing Dreamz is a personal one. Having a parent that has very different interest than I(motor sports and racing), my whole life, this has given me the inspiration over the years to help others. The children that has that burn in their gut to race but knowing that for one reason or another, they may never be able to even attempt to live that dream, this is why we are here. No child should grow up thinking that they cant do something they want to do, just because of a socio-economic, physical limitation, lack of parental involvment. As my 5<sup>th</sup> grade teacher, Mrs. Householder, told me, so many years ago, and I still remember it to this day(40+ years later), “You put your mind to it, and you can be anything, anyone, you want to be. You just have to try.†We at Racing Dreamz wants to help these children try.
So, again, thank you everyone for support and your continued support for 2013. We have a long ways to go, a lot of bumps will be in the road, but we will succeed. If you have a dream, you have a future. :)
Thank you,

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000