Race ute for sale

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I heard jagged X has a new team member and fabricator next year that will allow them to win some races!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I will add this to the conversation in my years of doing business with canadians they are generally very conservative to a fault. There reputation for being cheap is well. Known to people in their service business here in AZ. Maybe one day they will get it and get off there Wallet and show some love to there teams. Until then Polaris will woo there teams and Can Am Will take a back seat. I would Assume theres a nice Tax break to be taken here to for the Racing expenditures which there not taking full advantage of or maybe they need to get after it and maximize there Tax breaks. Oh well there still hard headed about it I guess time will tell.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Maybe he's driving Johnny's other car. Lol I heard from a credible source that Artic cat is going to start using Yamaha engines. Makes sense since they own them.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I heard it's gonna be the R1 platform. I also read "somewhere" on the interweb that the word turbo has been thrown around with it as well

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
That's not what I said. I was responding to Warlocks comment about Polaris and buying up all the racers.
I know Big Pasta chill .. I was joking, that's why I had 3 smiley faces :D:D:D , in case you missed just one.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
I heard from a credible source that Artic cat is going to start using Yamaha engines. Makes sense since they own them.
LOL .. I've been hearing that for too long now too. Just like 2009 rumors of Yamaha sport SxS that's going to crush Popo ... and Honda sport SxS .... and lately the KTM debut in early 2015. Of all these rumors, AC + yamaha engine is 2nd to last on "most likely" scale.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Yeah I heard that Roger Norman, Robby and Marc are teaming up to race the 2015 Baja 1000 in an Arctic Cat, with Sean Cook as the pit boss and in charge of sponsors...but it is only a rumor.

BRAVE Motorsports

Jan 13, 2014
I think I have seen that car. The problem is they still just built a cage on top of the existing factory chassis. I thought the suspension for the most part was stock on that car too. To really built it correctly you need to do a full chassis build and only use what the rules require you to use. Same with the suspension. To make it durable you need to build better parts out of better material.
Todd/Smitty redid the entire suspension on the Tonka cat. Custom uprights with kobalt hubs, axles, arms and rods on the front and rear. Smitty stiffened the frame a fair bit where it mattered. Seemed to have teething issues for their first season racing a UTV, but the car itself worked awesome when it was working from my understanding. I'm not sure if Todd plans to race it much in the future.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I think I have seen that car. The problem is they still just built a cage on top of the existing factory chassis. I thought the suspension for the most part was stock on that car too. To really built it correctly you need to do a full chassis build and only use what the rules require you to use. Same with the suspension. To make it durable you need to build better parts out of better material.
I raced this car all of 2013 and didnt finish a race mostly due to no R&D. The chassis was stock reinforced at all the suspension pick up points with a aftermarket chromoly cage welded on. The chassis was never an issue but could have been lighter.

At San Felipe we ran factory replacement a arms and trailing arms with longer than stock 2.5 Kings and the car was unbelievable in the whoops. We tested with King a few days before the race doing laps on the start out and back down the powerline road and I couldn't believe how good Iribe at King was at tuning shocks. I was told we had a 20 mile lead buy Rm 150 when we lost a outer cv. This car was built in 2 weeks before it headed down and nobody knew how to get the axle out of the rear diff and Matt was able to get by after our hour long pitstop. A broken plastic fuel rail ended our race at RM 165.

At the 500 we had a longtravel suspension custom made and the car was still awesome in the whoops but now the mirrors wouldn't drag when going around corners. We stopped twice before leaving the pavement at the start because we thought we didn't have 4wd. It turns out we did but it doesn't show up on the dash when you put it in the mode that allows you to see the gauges. I am pretty sure I passed everyone but Marc before getting out of town and lost many of those positions at Ojos trying to figure out the nonexistent 4wd issue. After getting hung up at a backup on the summit we blew a belt on the dry lake bed and the car wouldn't start after changing the belt. I still dont know why it wouldn't start but our race was over.

At the 1000 we lead for the first 400 miles before a wet radio wouldnt let us contact our racecar. We lost close to 2 hours searching before finally get the some fuel. Around mile 600 we had a binding rack which required removing the front diff and p/s unit to change.we also had to dig several hundred pounds of silt out of the car and this cost us a couple more hours. After loseing a suspension bolt on the Mikes section we had to McGyver it together and call it a race.
I believe this car was and is capable of winning but not without the time and testing needed.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I raced this car all of 2013 and didnt finish a race mostly due to no R&D. The chassis was stock reinforced at all the suspension pick up points with a aftermarket chromoly cage welded on. The chassis was never an issue but could have been lighter.

At San Felipe we ran factory replacement a arms and trailing arms with longer than stock 2.5 Kings and the car was unbelievable in the whoops. We tested with King a few days before the race doing laps on the start out and back down the powerline road and I couldn't believe how good Iribe at King was at tuning shocks. I was told we had a 20 mile lead buy Rm 150 when we lost a outer cv. This car was built in 2 weeks before it headed down and nobody knew how to get the axle out of the rear diff and Matt was able to get by after our hour long pitstop. A broken plastic fuel rail ended our race at RM 165.

At the 500 we had a longtravel suspension custom made and the car was still awesome in the whoops but now the mirrors wouldn't drag when going around corners. We stopped twice before leaving the pavement at the start because we thought we didn't have 4wd. It turns out we did but it doesn't show up on the dash when you put it in the mode that allows you to see the gauges. I am pretty sure I passed everyone but Marc before getting out of town and lost many of those positions at Ojos trying to figure out the nonexistent 4wd issue. After getting hung up at a backup on the summit we blew a belt on the dry lake bed and the car wouldn't start after changing the belt. I still dont know why it wouldn't start but our race was over.

At the 1000 we lead for the first 400 miles before a wet radio wouldnt let us contact our racecar. We lost close to 2 hours searching before finally get the some fuel. Around mile 600 we had a binding rack which required removing the front diff and p/s unit to change.we also had to dig several hundred pounds of silt out of the car and this cost us a couple more hours. After loseing a suspension bolt on the Mikes section we had to McGyver it together and call it a race.
I believe this car was and is capable of winning but not without the time and testing needed.
Cool to hear! I hope more testing is going to be done in the off season and be better prepared for 2015. It would be great to hear that some of these other manufactures were stepping up and giving some support. It would be awesome to someday see three manufactures on the podium or winning races.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
I happen to have a picture of his new car. Anyone want to see it?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Cool to hear! I hope more testing is going to be done in the off season and be better prepared for 2015. It would be great to hear that some of these other manufactures were stepping up and giving some support. It would be awesome to someday see three manufactures on the podium or winning races.
The artic cat has been shelved already. Don't think it raced in 2014.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
I heard he is going big bore, something crazy like 686 o something.
I do have a pic if a sweet desert car he just finished, but I will leave the sharing to him. I could not help but share a pic of what we all used to race. We were hard core racers back then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000