R1 motor goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Now for the basic runner lengths and such check out the picture, LOOK FAMILIAR!!!!!
Wow, that’s funny, guess you told everyone there. I like how when a vendor gets questioned about their product, even if it’s from people that may not have a full understanding about how it works, rather than take that opportunity to educate them, make a new customer, and build a relationship they become indignant and attack like they're all stupid and "how dare you question my work."

Then...you continue on to insult the Undergrounds engine sponsor, the whole real reason there is an SR1 class at LOORRS (yes it was developed by Weller Racing) and why your trying to sell your product here in the first place.....kudos.

SR1 guys, Shane Rosson of Rosson Racing is already building his version this stuff for sprint cars and Doug Mittag is currently using it so that should give you something to gauge the performance gains off of.

Online Store // Rosson Racing Online Store

Sorry MC, I was keeping quiet but once you "went there"....

Last edited:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Wow, that’s funny, guess you told everyone there. I like how when a vendor gets questioned about their product, even if it’s from people that may not have a full understanding about how it works, rather than take that opportunity to educate them, make a new customer, and build a relationship they become indignant and attack like they're all stupid and "how dare you question my work."

Then...you continue on to insult the Undergrounds engine sponsor, the whole real reason there is an SR1 class at LOORRS (yes it was developed by Weller Racing) and why your trying to sell your product here in the first place.....kudos.

SR1 guys, Mike Rossin of Rossin Racing is already building his version this stuff for sprint cars and Doug Mittag is currently using it so that should give you something to gauge the performance gains off of.

I actually was waiting for a little more proof from this guy...My crew is ready to buy 3 intake set ups.......I myself will be going with Rosson's set up...I cant speak for them tho

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco

SR1 guys, Mike Rossin of Rossin Racing is already building his version this stuff for sprint cars and Doug Mittag is currently using it so that should give you something to gauge the performance gains off of.

Just a small correction, it's Shane Rosson, and he has miles of dyno runs to show the gains in performance for any product that he develops/ builds. He makes power plain and simple. Intakes, exhaust, management systems etc.

Mike V.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Wow.. way to score some points with some potential customers that are looking for a little more info before shelling out some cash for your product.. I thought you had mentioned you dynoed it, so post it up. Thats all i was looking for. Most of us have no clue who you are, what your backgroud is, etc.. And i am not going to throw $400 at something that hasn't been proven to provide the desired results.. simple as that.

If you want to sell me that intake, show me the results. Simple.. that isn't rocket science either. I am not even interested, unless i see proof its better than what i already have. Sorry. Or send me one to test, and i will dyno it myself.

I also checked out the Rosson site, and i don't see one listed for an 07-08 Motor?? They have one for an 04-06.. am i missing something??

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Look at what the respected airflow experts do with the entry to runners & compare it to this. There are different ways to skin a cat so I will not share my opinion but I think dyno results should be mandatory.

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Cory the unit I forced on you is as I told your other half was off the car pictured. It was sent complete and ready to bolt on. Temp sensor installed, oil filter preped and sealed to the base and top. I even sent a crankcase breather along not knowing what u were using. What I got back was a box full of parts, completely disassembled, even the stands laying in the bottom of the box. As I said the filter element was damaged. On the sealing surface ot be exact. About a 1/4'' dip. How this happened ive no idea but I do know it shouldnt have. Also the crankcase breather was not returned with the air cleaner. Had to call again. U can spin it any way u wish but that is the reality of that issue.

Greg if you want to back some dyno time that is great by me. We can use your stock unit as a baseline then run a Rossen from one of the guys here ive pissed off then end the session with one of mine that I will bring along for the test.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
wow, dyno numbers, aren't these suppose to be a "stock Class"???? now, just like everything else, someone wants an edge, kind of defeats the purpose of the class now doesn't it?????

I agree with what is said about the runners from the mfr's point of view.

cadillac northstar, mustang and LS intake manifolds all have long runners, and all have great low end power along with high rpm power, hmmm must be a reason GM and Ford are using them.

if you are running carbs, this may change more dramatically then the EFI all of you have, as the height of the velocity stacks on webers do make a change in how it runs and power band, as it has a great affect on how the carb provides fuel metering.

you EFI guys are just sucking in air,then the injector provides the spray in to cylinder, the more mass air flow, (velocity), the more fuel the brain tells to shoot into your motor= more power

how many of you are running around the track at 2-3K rpms???? most of you are screaming these motors, so top end should be the goal anyhow.

I know and respect many of you in this thread, but I think you all got off on the wrong foot here, IMO

I would let Greg Dyno one, he would def be fair in any test, they don't come more stand up than Greg from LSR.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
it is a stock engine class Rog, but we are allowed to run any air filter and exhaust we want.. so naturally, if we can change it, and it makes more power, why not? It doesn't defeat the purpose of the class what so ever. So far the OEM intake and filter set up is working great.. but if there is another filter set up that is PROVEN to make more power, why not use it?

I don't want to loose top end power, but if i can get more low end power like he claims, seems like a win win.. but since he doesn't have any dyno figures, and is basing the extra performance purely on how fast the engine can rev to its rev limit (assuming under no load) that doesn't really do much for me. In my eyes, it doesn't justify spending $400 on this set up. But that is just me. If i had money to burn, sure.. id try it, but like most of you,, we are on a tight budget, so spending an extra $400 on something that may or may not help isn't feesable for me. Thats where i am coming from.

I think his system looks nice, and high quality, and is a great option for people that don't already have something that is working well. I am not saying his kit won't make more power. It probably does, but i can't spend $400 on probably.

And thanks for the compliment Rog!
G-

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
I bought Shane Rossons velocity stacks and they are an extremely nice piece. Not to mention his customer service is top notch. As soon as my R1 swap is done I am putting it on Shane's dyno and i will post the results.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Regardless of the what the original poster and I think of each other at this point (and I AM biting my tongue), when Jason and I started this class, we thought it would be interesting to see what people developed (within the rules, of course) as far as modifications to get the most ponies out of these stock motors regarding intake and exhaust mods - it's good to see the aftermarket showing an interest in this class, and I am really looking forward to learning/seeing what benefits any new legal modifications have......as I am sure most SR1 racers are. :)

It's also interesting how much technology went into these motors right from the factory - we are so used to ATV and UTV technology - where it seems those branches of OEM's get the shoe-string budget - that it still surprises me how good the stock stuff really is on these bike motors. I believe there is always room for improvement, of course - but it still surprises me. The bike builders must get the big budget money!:D

Along with being happy that this class is providing exactly the type of racing we were hoping for, it's also fun to see people come up with unique and different ways of making things a little better. I hope to continue to see new products and ideas that work within the current rule set - I think it will only makes this class more interesting and appealing.

Droptchevy - please do post those....I'd like to see them as well! :)

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I bought the Rosson filter setup, not realizing that you HAVE to also buy the velocity stacks to make it work. So I returned it. All in all, its $650 for everything needed for the setup for my 05. Air Cleaner, Velocity stacks, Adapter Plates, Adapter Sleeves. Too rich for my blood for a filter, so I returned it.

Instead I went with the PeterD setup, which is much less, but not nearly as nicely built/engineered. Plus it doesnt include any sort of velocity stacks (or any way to use some). Im currently planning on using the stock air box with a set of aftermarked velocity stacks, until I can modify the PeterD setup to use velocity stacks, and seal the way I want it.

In the end, I probably would have rather just kept the Rosson setup, as it is REALLY NICE, and was developed with extensive dyno testing and real work racing experience. (although its still WAY to expensive. Heck, I barely spent that much on my motor! :) )

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I bought the Rosson filter setup, not realizing that you HAVE to also buy the velocity stacks to make it work. So I returned it. All in all, its $650 for everything needed for the setup for my 05. Air Cleaner, Velocity stacks, Adapter Plates, Adapter Sleeves. Too rich for my blood for a filter, so I returned it.

Instead I went with the PeterD setup, which is much less, but not nearly as nicely built/engineered. Plus it doesnt include any sort of velocity stacks (or any way to use some). Im currently planning on using the stock air box with a set of aftermarked velocity stacks, until I can modify the PeterD setup to use velocity stacks, and seal the way I want it.

In the end, I probably would have rather just kept the Rosson setup, as it is REALLY NICE, and was developed with extensive dyno testing and real work racing experience. (although its still WAY to expensive. Heck, I barely spent that much on my motor! :) )

so 400 for this one is a pretty good deal then IMO, just need an outwear for it.

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Ok I am sold on the need for the dyno and the dyno numbers really show what driving with the long runner stuff is all about. The mid range torque and power is boosted quite nicely to really help with the off corner acceleration without hurting the top end. The power curve is just as I said and will really help those who can best get the power to the ground with car setup and driving. Monte

<CENTER><CENTER><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p><CENTER> </CENTER> </o:p>
<CENTER> </CENTER>

</CENTER></CENTER>

Attachments

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I see that too, but the original ones are at the same number approx 5750, which to me means a reliable gains test.

sure seems fair for the money to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000