All UTV's R1 fuel flow setup? Need help

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
Can someone tell me if this is the right fuel flow setup for my SR1.

Gas Tank - Fuel pump - Fuel Pressure Regulator - Inline filter - Fuel distributor in (stock fuel pressure reg) - Fuel distributor out - back to tank

This is the stock 06 R1 fuel pressure reg correct?

Also should I run a filter before the fuel pump and what microns are suggested for the filters? Any input is appreciated!

Last edited:

rhinoguy

Jun 19, 2009
I ran a msd injected pump with a small filter before and then straight to the fuel rail. using the stock pressure regulater. had 45 psi at all times worked perfect.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Yes thats the regulator, I didnt run my filter before the pump but I guess you could.

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
Well my brother had my fuel lines mixed up. It appears he has the fuel going into the wrong end of the fuel rail. He had fuel from my reg and filter going into the return line side of the fuel rail and out the stock fuel reg on the rail and back into the tank. It ran fine for an hour of testing but not anymore. That's how I noticed the fuel lines didnt look right.

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
Yes.

Im only familar with 07/08 fuel systems. So there is a fuel return from the rail to tank on the 06?
Yes, on the 06 their is a fuel return on the rail. I stand to correct myself on my previous post. I spoke with a Yamaha mechanic today and he said the fuel return hose connects to the stock R1 pressure regulator. So the way i thought the fuel lines connected to the rail is not right and my bro did have them correct.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000