Yamaha R-1 motor, finally!!

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I finally bought one. Picking it up in San Diego Friday afternoon. Low mileage 07 R-1 with everything. All sensors, imnjection, wiring harness, ect....I'm sure the build will take months, as I am in no hurry. just stoked to finally be getting started. Now its time to tear down the old one and sell off the parts.:)

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
dont forget to make sure it has the shifter arm, headlight harness, airbox, and the nut for the front sproket.

its a great time to start a build not 140* in the garage anymore.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Building a racer. Still have my concerns though. Gearing is the biggest right now. They seem to be geared way too tall. Maybe a jackshaft setup or gearbox, decisions decisions....

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
What kind of gearing are you looking for? You can change the gearing by going smaller in the front sprocket and getting as big of a sprocket as will clear the rear frame in the back, etc.....I can still go smaller up front, but I actually like my gearing the way it is - I had a much lower geared setup with my SV1000, and all I did was shift in that thing. :eek: I ran the SR1 out at the dunes, bowling with all the other Rhinos and quads and had no problems, really. Going smaller in the front would probably be cool for the dunes, but not worth changing for the race track......

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Good point. I guess I don't and won't know till I get it going. Seems like just sticking it in second gear and driving without shifting a bunch of times a lap would be nice.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Yeah....at Speedworld, I'm only in first and second....could shift into 3rd on the front straight, but probably not worth the time. It's kind of one of those things that you just won't know until you drive it, probably. Everyone will have their own gearing preference, and there will be gearing that works out better than others for power, corners, etc....I think personal preference and driving style will have something to do with it, too. :)

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Building a racer. Still have my concerns though. Gearing is the biggest right now. They seem to be geared way too tall. Maybe a jackshaft setup or gearbox, decisions decisions....
Court Gearing isn't going to be a problem with me. Remeber I'm driving your car.:D After we build it!!!

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Its all your fault bob! You can drive it in m4SX, ill take grinding stone.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Go big Rob. Zx~14! I have a friend that did some work to his 14 to make the 200 club. Took him a couple trus but his garage ram air and exhaust got him 207. Compression and cams too. Daily driver on pump gas.
PHP:
[HTML]
[/HTML]

hp771

UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 13, 2009
Arizona
Well my R1 motor went in today. It's getting wired tomorrow and hopefully I will get to hear it by tomorrow afternoon. Its bad AZZZZZZ. Thanks to Jason at Weller Racing. Without Jason I would be parked. He has put a ton of time in this kit and we had no problems or issues at all today. I think we had the motor in and mounted in a couple hours. I will figure out how to post some pics later on this week. And Bobby I will let you drive mine before anybody else. later.......

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I think Brady has a nice little 08!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000