Pure 200 Race Recap

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Ah. Back at it! After some downtime to recover from Hammers, we were at it again!

Changes to the car included - removing our MotoAlliance winch, having the shocks rebuilt for long desert racing by Walker Evans, upgrading stock hubs to billet Fireball Racing hubs and rebuilding the clutch with an EPI Performance rebuild kit.

Pre-running was a blast. The course laid out by Lou of AVE Racing was going to be a super fast 50-mile loop.

We started out strong through the first section of whoops, followed by a high-speed section running along the power line. Unfortunately, broke our front differential in Lap 1, but were able to continue at full-throttle back to the pits...even catching up to those who passed us while stopped to examine the diff.

In the Pits, we removed the skid plates and ended up using zip-ties (many times a racer's best friend) to keep parts from bouncing around, topped off with fuel and Gatorade and were back on the track.

Lap 2 ran smooth and fast. We even ended up losing our hood during a section at full-throttle. It sure was worth it as we made up 10-minutes of ground. Drove past our pit and waved at our crew with a thumbs up as we went through.

Even with flat tires during the second half of the race, we persevered and finished late in to the night. That's racing for you...some days you have great races and some days you don't. We've learned a lot and will adapt accordingly. Back and gearing up for the next one. You bet we'll be ready to give it another run! :cool:

Special thanks to our sponsors - J's Racing USA, UTVUnderground, Walker Evans Racing, EPI Performance, Fireball Racing, MotoAlliance, Axia Alloys, GMZ Wheels and Rigid Industries.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Awesome write up Angie it was good seeing you and jay again. I was wondering what happened on the 1st lap. I also think I ran your hood over unless someone else lost there's too. (Sorry) hope to have my car ready for the next one and see you guys out there. :)

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Sounds like you had a good time and did a little racing while you were at it . :D Also if I remember the race rules right Dennison needs to replace your hood being he was the last one to run it over but I could be wrong . :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000