Protective equipment.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Went out riding yesterday with my brother in his teryx, I've been without a side by side for a couple months now waiting for a teryx 4. So needless to say I was chomping at the bit to do a little riding, even if its riding shotgun. It was a great ride, perfect weather and everything. Did about 60 miles and in the last mile as we were getting close to his house we were sliding around a corner about 30 to 35 mph the ass end slid a little to far and then caught traction and dump us over on the passenger side. Soon as I knew we were going over I was graying handles and bracing myself for impact knowing to keep all limbs inside, but at some point my right foot got crushed. So now I'm laying on a couch with my foot elevated with several broken bones and road rash all down my right side. Laying here thinking about what mods to do first to my teryx 4 when I get it, I think I'll invest in harnesses and other protective equipment before trying to make it go faster. Luckily it comes with doors already. Plus my brother says he'll be getting doors and harnesses soon. Maybe if I was wearing boots of some sort my foot wouldn't be broken right now, but seeing how I was wearing crocs and no helmet It could have ended up a lot worse. Moral of the story ride smart and wear protective equipment so you don't end up like me.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Well said! Safety first and then performance and bling. For sure get at least 4 point belts and some type of helmet. Whatever you hit is always gonna be harder than your head:eek:
Kathy and I wear Snowboarding helmets, there very light, comfortable, they allow the use of Rugged and PCI BTH headsets and above all they will protect your head when you smack it against the ground, a rock or the cage:D

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Very Glad you weren't hurt worse Jesse and yes without a helmet and wearing crocs it could have been much worse.

My first rule of safety equipment is that safety equipment is not for the things you know you're going to hit, safety equipment is for the sh** you don't know is going to happen.

Be well, heal quickly :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000