Yamaha Protecting guages

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I'm adding a wideband, oil Pres, and water temp guage in my rhino. I've got autometer water and oil and aem wideband. My question/concern is water and mud coming in the backside of the guages or damaging them from the backside. What's the best way to protect them.. out here in the south east I don't ride mud and deep water but I do often run in to areas where I have no choice but to cross or turn around.. what's the best way to protect them?

Thanks,
Garrett

sent from a payphone

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
WOULD TOP OR BOTTOM OF A PLASTIC SODA BOTTLE ? SOMETHING LIKE CUT TO FIT TAPE ON AND SILICONE OR JUST THE SILICONE, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE . OR USE MARINE GAUGES I'M SURE A DEEP WATER GUY WILL CHIME IN .

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I will look into three cups. I already have guages so I will look and see if I can find anything to put on them .. the front isn't a worry of mine just the rear of them I'm sure muddy water wouldn't be healthy

sent from a payphone

Chengo

Oct 14, 2009
go to wal-mart in the trailer hitch section buy those hitch ball rubber boots that you put over the ball to keep the grungie stuff off of you, they are black and very cheap, put it over the back of the gauge and make a very small slice to run wires through then silicone and hose clamp rubber boot around back of gauge housing. GO riding

Blackedout

Mar 10, 2013
Tennessee
go to wal-mart in the trailer hitch section buy those hitch ball rubber boots that you put over the ball to keep the grungie stuff off of you, they are black and very cheap, put it over the back of the gauge and make a very small slice to run wires through then silicone and hose clamp rubber boot around back of gauge housing. GO riding
Good idea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000