Yamaha Project silverbullet liftoff!!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Ok this is going to be a slow build, i finally made up my mind to cut it up and widen/drop the rhino cage!!

i am going to do all the work myself and take my time on it...

so just right up front cause i know people always like to see the progress and i will do my best to keep it coming as soon as i do stuff...

here is the start!!

(mobile pictures hope they came out ok)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Nice! Ill be following your build Brain. Ama a sucka for chopped and dropped rhinos!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
not to sure on how much wider and lower... but probably just as wide as i need to get the seats about 3 inches from the floor... and i want the roof as low as possible to where i have about 5-6 inches of head clearence...

biggest thing i want to accomplish and i know i will have to play with is visibility... i drove my freinds chopped and dropt rhino and it was hard seeing over the hood for duning... i am going to try and do things differently for visibility reasons...

good news is i think i am picking up about 5 sticks of .095 DOM this weekend... 1.5 inch!!!

wooo hoooo... more grinding and stripping down tonight... cant wait!!!:eek:

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Sweet man sounds like you will have some long nights and full weekends comin up....I just kinda finished my pops ride and it was more work than what I thought it was going to be but was alot of fun and I learned alot from his build. Now I just to to finish the little stuff up so I can start on mine :D good luck and cant wait to see it done

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
ya i seen the rhino you finished up... looks sweet!!!

i anticipate some long nights and weekends... my wife isnt that happy about it lol o well!!!

:cool:

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Ok so its been awhile since i have shown updates... thats due to the fact that originally a friend was going to let me build it in his garage using mostly his tools....

its nice to have friends that are willing to let you use there tools... but dont rely on it lol

since it was taking to long and seemed to be falling through i started buying my own tools... and building my work area in my garage... thats what took so long

new welder!!

JD2 Bender

Pipe Notcher

Work bench I built with 4 110V outlets up top and a new chopsaw

storage above the bench...

ok and now today was the first time working on the rhino in awhile....

also I am very new to welding so this is a learning procedure for me... any tips are appreciated

Plating the sides

and some pics of my welds....

hopefully this weekend i get some time in with the bender and the tubing... i will keep updating as much as possible

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
ok i am going to put these on in no particular order...
been working on it and forgot my good camera so these are all cell phone pictures.... sorry about the quality

Reactions: 1 person

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
i love my hot tub!!!

i never knew this shit was so much fun!!!

honestly this is my first time fabin up stuff... and its addicting!!! i couldnt leave my garage for hours!!!! love it...

thanks for the input guys i'll keep the pics coming as i go along

Friedman72

Apr 28, 2010
Looking good man... I have been contemplating cutting into mine for some time now and this thread is def. pushin' me in that direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000