Yamaha Project silverbullet liftoff!!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Dude congrats on the new-one. Glad to hear he came out healthy.
Now get back to buildin'! ;)

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
the last picture shows how my welds are looking now...

this is my first fabrication project and i been kinda of self teaching myself welding with a little help from friends that do garage fab..

as you can see the build was inspired by the fatrod with some differences here and there... not going to be 5 seats, just 4.

going with an all silver coors light scheme and graphics in the end

Attachments

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
ok so got the new preemy seat custom made from PRP!!! they did a nice job!!!

fiberglass from 747ink is in the works... should be here next week!!!

slow progress, but still working on it :cool:

Attachments

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Brian, you will be happy with your new fiberglass work. My car is getting new 747ink fiberglass fenders for a new addition and should be ready to see next week.

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
its been awhile, to long, i have slowly done some stuff to the rhino... pics to come soon, just need to snap some

BUT! today i decided to dive into the motor (project started when i blew the 660 motor), well... disaster!!

everyone was telling me it was top end... got it apart to find the rod welded to the crank, the crank is rainbow in color... guess it got a little hot!!! my guess is that spun the rod bearing and the heat cause the rod to sieze on the crank

my question is, maybe weller or anyone with a weller racing SR1 kit can chime in, with the pictures i have posted thus far in this build... will a SR1 setup still fit in my rhino? i am worried about the clearances of the tubes running from the bottom of the rhino up to the tube just behind where the headrest from the seats will be

Attachments

cfyca

Jun 7, 2011
its been awhile, to long, i have slowly done some stuff to the rhino... pics to come soon, just need to snap some

BUT! today i decided to dive into the motor (project started when i blew the 660 motor), well... disaster!!

everyone was telling me it was top end... got it apart to find the rod welded to the crank, the crank is rainbow in color... guess it got a little hot!!! my guess is that spun the rod bearing and the heat cause the rod to sieze on the crank

my question is, maybe weller or anyone with a weller racing SR1 kit can chime in, with the pictures i have posted thus far in this build... will a SR1 setup still fit in my rhino? i am worried about the clearances of the tubes running from the bottom of the rhino up to the tube just behind where the headrest from the seats will be
It is tough to tell from the pics, but I think it might be pretty tight. From the center of the axles/bearing carrier you have roughly 13" forward until you get into the width of the engine. Unfortunately, the engine gets wide fast after that 13". From there you will need around 18.5" of width up to a height of around 23" above the frame rails (to the top of the throttle bodies, then you also have the air filter assembly on top of that).

Hopefully this makes sense. If you need anything else let me know, if you check my build out in the Desert Racing section under 2012 BITD DSR1 Build it might make a little more sense!

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal

if your local to riverside,ca you can stop by and get the measurements you need

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Thanks for the tips, I am going to measure out what I have so far. I leaning towards relocating some of the tubes just to ensure I have enough room, for installation and even once it's in room for working around or on the motor

Mr pat, where in riverside?

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
Thanks for the tips, I am going to measure out what I have so far. I leaning towards relocating some of the tubes just to ensure I have enough room, for installation and even once it's in room for working around or on the motor

Mr pat, where in riverside?

im behind the old riverside golf course..main and columbia

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
So I was able to do a little work on the rhino the other night...

Bedsides and Hood mounted (747 glass fit PERFECT!)

Also sticking to theme, Coors Light, a buddy cut some plate out with his Torchmate and I welded them in for a little extra rocky mountain goodness!!

will soon be taking out axles and front n rear diffs to sell, so if anyone reading this post needs any of that, they will be for sale :D

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000