Project "2Times"

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
i agree with kj jim , i think you would be happier with it mounted in front , it would reall help it turn alot better , you should be able to get a tank like joeys or the one stetler has .... not knocking your ride bud its looking good :D:D

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ohhh its a concern of ours for sure......Once we get the cage built and get the suspension on we will put it on the scales and see where it come in.....if its too rear heavy we will look at something else:confused:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
We started on the cage today....I have something in mind that is a little different that most the other cars out there.....Hopefully it ends up that way...Here some pics:grin1:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
looooking good :D:D
Thanks!! Hopefully will will have the cage done for the most part this week. We already designed the "b" pillar bars tonight so it will just be a matter of bending them and fitting them. Everything else will go easy.We have only been at it a few hours a night...today was the most time we have spent at 1 time:eek:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Here this weeks progress. We probably a total of 12 hours in whats here.

Tuesday nights progress....The "c" pillar took some time.

Then Friday night we got in the seatbelt tube and support bars

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Today we busted out the "A" supports in the front windsheild, back window, and the main tube down the center of the roof. We also moved the steering wheel over and mounted up some rear arms to measure for axles.

We will be lucky if we get to spend a few hours on it this week. But we will get some good progress just making some phone calls..... We will have some axles, a ron davis radiator and figure out a header this week. Also we have some horizontal tubes we will make this weeks so that we can figure out the rear shock tower design.

Ohhhh Yeaaaa!! I almost forgot!!!....ordered my 50" Rigid bar for it this week...hopefully it will be here this weeks sometime. Thanks Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Looking good jim!! cant wait to see it done. I like the b-pillars on this one alot better then the skull crushers you had on your last car.

how tall is the top of the cage from the floor?

not that it matters but your pillar names are messed up.

Intrusion Bars

again- nice work.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Looking good jim!! cant wait to see it done. I like the b-pillars on this one alot better then the skull crushers you had on your last car.

how tall is the top of the cage from the floor?

not that it matters but your pillar names are messed up.

Intrusion Bars

again- nice work.

Thanks... The bottom of the roof bar is 50"s from the floor. The reason I was calling it a "C" pillar is because the will be another vertical tube right after the "a" pillar.... Real similar to the one on my old car.

And yea.....after my corn dog I really thought about the placement of that bar.....If I had ever side rolled..it would have been over.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000