Project "2Times"

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
So my R1 Project name is gonna be "2Times":grin1:...We did some mearsuring tonight and figured out where we want the seats and engine. I am done now until I get my reverse box. Its going to be somewhat of a chop and drop. We are gonna take the seat down 4"s, Out 4"s, and Back 4"s....Made a few cuts tonight but nothing major....Hopefully I will have my reverse box in a couple of weeks and i can hack the rest of the square fence tubing off the frame.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Im jelous !! i gotta get this family wagon done first then i need my own lil project. That your old frame or you starting from scratch?

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Im jelous !! i gotta get this family wagon done first then i need my own lil project. That your old frame or you starting from scratch?
This is a from scratch project. I have a motor and almost enough cash for the reverse box...Then I will have to sell my orange car for funding.:mad:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Well.....1 more piece to the puzzle:D:Dthis piece has held us up from doing ANYTHING....this is the very first thing that needs fabbed in...so hopefully we will be making a frame table in the next couple of weeks...and get one of these guys bolted in:D

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ok I finally have some forward progress that is visable. It doesnt look like much....but we actually have the engine mounted, Reverse box mounted, and have figured out where the seats are going. We will be working on seating and lower chassis next.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Heres our progress for this week. In case you didnt notice we are staying very weight orientated being sand cars....I think Justin may build his cage race legal just incase the weller ever open the SR1 class to reversing boxed cars.

We added the tubing on top just to show what it will look like in the end. I am thinking we will have 2 tubes going from the chassis up to a seatbelt bar. So these 2 tubes would tie into those and then back to a rear bumper.

This is our fuel cell bracket that has a built in chain gaurd. Im sure this will be offered with the kit and will take a 8 gallon jazz fuel cell.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ok...so we want to use the stock floor boards and stock plastic dash to try and keep the cost down. So instead of widening out the whole car and have to build a dash, floor boards, and a fire wall....we are just adding to the bottom of the chassis.

Our seats will be set higher than your normal chop and drop. I think they will be 4"s lower in the front and close to 6"s lower in the rear. We should have seats mounted this week and be moving onto the cage.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thanks Guys!!

We made some good progress last night but you just cant see it. We are basicly building 2 cars nearly Identical so when we build parts...its always 2 cars worth. Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the seat mounting. The cage is going to be a little taller than I wanted...but I will sacrifice the looks for driveability in the dunes. This seat position is at 8.75 and 6.75. So its about 4"s lower in the front and 6 in the back...its also pushed back about 3 inches and out 4 inches.

PS....this position is 2 inches higher than the OG Big Red

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
More pics
Got the other seat mounted today. I need to get ahold of twisted stitch....they build a seat that fit a big guy....but dont put the sub strap slot so that I can use it.......the damn slot is right at my nutsack

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
looking good- have you thought about putting a fuel cell in the center where the front drive shaft would have gone instead of the rear? theres going to be a ton of weight there in the rear and nothing up front.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
looking good- have you thought about putting a fuel cell in the center where the front drive shaft would have gone instead of the rear? theres going to be a ton of weight there in the rear and nothing up front.
Yea.....but the 8 gallon is to big to go there....we would have to run a 4 gallon:(and that might not be enough to mob at G for very long. The only other option was to build a tank to go there...I just didnt want to have to worry about leaks and stuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000