Program Truck Computer

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
I have a 1999 V10 Ford F550 as a back up tow Vehicle - Right now it does me no good as we have replace all the electrical parts that our code reader ask us too and still having problems with it ;-(

Well after reading a bit and because we have remove parts to install new ones it has come up in some Ford topics about having to reprogram the computer ;-(

So does any one know how to do it or can do it, other than taking it to the dealer, I was hoping some can help ;-)

Love Yea All ;-)

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
What was replaced. Depending on what you did you have do reset the kams or all the learned settings. I do this all the time at my work but we have the ford ids software. I would think anyone with the higher end snap on or matco/genisis reader could do the same.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
What was replaced. Depending on what you did you have do reset the kams or all the learned settings. I do this all the time at my work but we have the ford ids software. I would think anyone with the higher end snap on or matco/genisis reader could do the same.
That is what I am looking for ;-)

We have replace and overhauled or cleaned the:
Map Sensor - Cleaned
Both O2 sensors - New
Throttle body - cleaned and new gasket
3 Injectors - New
Idle Air Control Valve - New
Air Filter - New
Fuel Filter - New
Check for any air leaks on all the vacuum lines
Check all other connections

The Truck fills like it has a vapor lock, it turn on like a champ and after running it, you lose power the more you push the gas pedal the more it bogging down and some times stalling and some time it take off like a bat at of hell ;-)

Hope this helps ;-)

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Yep thats what ya need. As soon as you clean the throttle body it needs to relearn throttle position and idle air values to run right. They are very finicky engines if one thing is sliglty off they run bad.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Yep thats what ya need. As soon as you clean the throttle body it needs to relearn throttle position and idle air values to run right. They are very finicky engines if one thing is sliglty off they run bad.
Cool, so now I just need someone here in the Desert to be able to do this ;-)

Any one ................................. ?

Love Yea All ;-)

ALEX

Mar 26, 2010
The fords won't relearn the throttle position just by driving it,I know on my gmc when I cleaned the throttle body it took about 50 miles for it to relearn

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
The fords are different and will barely run and die when coming to a stop etc. I have tried that a couple times. Its just easier to take the 10 min. To reset the kAMs if you have the software. I would do it for ya cisco but they changed the policies at my work and cant work on cars thats arent my own anymore.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
The fords are different and will barely run and die when coming to a stop etc. I have tried that a couple times. Its just easier to take the 10 min. To reset the kAMs if you have the software. I would do it for ya cisco but they changed the policies at my work and cant work on cars thats arent my own anymore.
Thank You for your offer and if I was near yea, I love to have you take care of it at you work ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000