Product Review: Quad Tech B-Flaps for Polaris XP1000

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
If you ride in mud or loose dirt, you've undoubtedly run into the probem of rocks and mud packing themselves into your rear wheel. I can't recall ever finishing a race without pulling chunks of mud out of my wheels, baked by the heat from the brakes. You can get lucky and have no problems other than the added unsprung weight, but in many cases a rock in this location can lead to a damaged wheel or a catastrophic failure.

Enter Quad Tech's B-Flaps for the XP1000. These fiber-reinforced rubber flaps wrap around the trailing arms of the vehicle and deflect dirt, rocks and debris away from the inside of the wheel, the axle, brakes and radius rods.

They are super easy to install, and they come assembled so you cant make any mistakes! The included instructions are also very clear, just make sure you don't take them apart prior to installation, you don't need to!

Stock:

The install starts by removing the top two bolts and the plastic clip joining the sides so that the flap will spread

You wrap the flap around the trailing arms as per the instructions, this is the only remotely tricky part. One must make sure to get all the flaps folded around and aligned correctly, then push the plastic clip in joining the two halves

Reinstall the top two bolts and tighten all 4 down!

BOOOM! you're done with one side, no problem right? The whole job takes less than thirty minutes even if you've got one hand behind your back. Here's some shots of the finished product

If only we had gotten these earlier! This xp1000 would have been saved by some of those gnarly scratches in the trailing arms. All the riding done after installation hasn't posed a problem for the flaps. No issues in the dunes and post-mud riding wheel clean-up is much reduced!

These guys swear by them:

Walker Evans Racing - Mitch Guthrie
The Scranton Boys - Tommy Scranton
IMG Racing - Justin Dawes
IMG Racing - Mike Camp
GBC Motorsports - Kory Ellis
Rath Racing - Daryl Rath
Sparks Racing- Nick Templeton
Lone Star Racing - Brian Bush
Lone Star Racing - John Melvin
Lone Star Racing - Dan Fisher
GMH Motorsports- Mike Gardner
NGR Racing - Nic Granlund
Dana Creech #52

They are currently available only for stock XP1K arms at $275 per pair. Definitely not cheap but you cant put a price on avoiding equipment failure! Versions for other vehicles and aftermarket trailing arms are also in the works

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
definitely need to see how they fare after some rocky terrain, I'd bet pretty well though. They are stiffer than I expected but they still flex out of the way of anything immovable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000