Prepping for the Pure series

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Dusted the motor. Dust got through the stock plenum. I'm going to put a xp1000 motor in it. What else do you need to set up?
Havent mounted the seat, no pumper, dont have 5points for passenger, Gps is mounted for me to read it, jack and tool box are mounted in the pass side. Lol

And that sucks about your motor

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Yeah it sucks, literally. Good luck on the race, you should be quick and light without all that gear. Let me know if you need a co-driver for the next race.
Thank man i appreciate it, and i will keep ya in mind !! hopefully you can get that car going sooner than later.

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Well it has been a rough week, started out last saturday with a car that basically was in Limp mode and would not go over 20 mph and not rev past 4k rpm. I asked as many guys that i could that had some experience with these mavericks, and i appreciate everything those guys tried to do to help me solve the issue. Nobody could figure it out, i even tried everything i could think of (so i thought). So i caved and called the dealer and setup an appointment to have it looked at to scan the ecu. What i thought was a fried ecu from welding on the car, turned out the ecu was fine. Dealer sits with there thumb up there ass for several hours as i waited for the car.

Finally the guy brings the computer out so i go talk to him, computer states the front cylinder O2 sensor isnt sending voltage. Tech says to me "this doesnt make sense because the code says front cylinder but the program says number 2 cylinder." i looked at him and said well if it says front, its probably the front, nobody knows what one Brp considers the #2 or #1. he says to me "well i dont know this doesnt make sense, but im not the guy who normally looks at these." i looked at him, pissed at this point, asked well why isnt he looking at it then, "oh hes busy on another repair"

longer story short, i left with the car, got billed for an hour of troubleshooting and got absolutely NOTHING out of these jack asses.

I get home and realize that i need to just use my damn head and figure it out on my own.

*light turned on in my head, O2 sensors will NOT send voltage until around 800 degrees, if the computer said it wasnt getting voltage well then hell there must not be spark. Pulled the plug and turned over the motor, no spark, imagine that. Pull the rear plug cap to check that cylinder. Half the porcelain is missing from the plug and the top pin is bent. I HAVE NEVER touched the plugs. only 22 hours on the car. so i swap the plugs and the rear stops working and front starts.

All the stress and BS that i had to deal with and Leaning on other racers for any type of input, for something as stupid as a Damn spark plug !!.

Good news is i will be at the race going full force ! ordered new plugs and borrowed a friends to verify the issue. Car is back to running like a bad ass.

Reactions: tim07 and JoeyD23

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Thanks for the info. Always nice to know what the issue was.
Yea, i never even thought to check the plugs because i had never even touched them, all i had did was finish up my new exhaust system. so that was where i started looking, instead it was the damn plugs. Which to this day i cant really wrap my head around them just failing.

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Yeah I've been there...My failed plugs I traced back to bad gas pumped out of my toy hauler. Fuel stabilizer rrrrrreally did its job...:rolleyes:

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Mounted up new mirrors, made up a fresh air snorkle for the belt housing just doing a few more final preps before the pure 150

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Making some Big changes for the next round and hopefully years to come, honored to have some amazing support in my corner now from ITP as well as RADFLO suspension

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000