Polaris Turbo Long Travel, What Do You Prefer

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
I'm possibly looking to put long travel on a 2 seat Polaris turbo I have. I had HCR on my 4 seater that I just sold but want to stay with stock length shocks for this one. Any input would be appreciated.

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
This is one of those threads that you will only really get feedback from people who can recommend 1 system...the one they own. I would venture to guess that there are VERY few people who have multiple systems and even fewer who could tell you the actual differences.

So essentially, you have to decide for yourself what you are after:

Cost
Looks
weight
Width (+2,+3,+3.5,+4)
How do the arms adjust? (camber or caster)
Etc.

I will say one thing I like about the Holz arms I had (not long travel though) is that the shock is moved out on the trailing arms (less of an "L" shape) This reduces the load on the radius rods and also makes it a lot easier to get the clutch cover off. i.e. no need to remove the shock. I think I read one here at one time that the Cognito arms do the same thing although I unfortunately have no first hand experience with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: tatum

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
So you are wanting a kit with a higher motion ratio so you get longer travel with stock length shocks?

Or are you just wanting aftermarket arms?

Edit: I thought you also said you wanted to remain stock width, I re-read and noticed that was not stated.

Last edited:

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
I have had the cognito lt for just at a year now, and would HIGHLY recomend it. I agree that this is the first LT system that I have had, but I have had several aftermarket stock length systems. None of them compare to the way the cognito kit has held up, or made the car perform.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Are the stock brake lines long enough for a +4 kit?
Yes they just need rerouted.

Also we have RCV pro series axles spec'd out as an option for axles. They are alot more expensive than just a shaft to go into OEM cv's but if you needed everything we have them.

Reactions: Rynomx785

Ottersberg27

Jan 29, 2017
Elite's kit is +4 and also moves the shock out on the trailing arms. IMG_0032.JPGIMG_0030.JPGIMG_0031.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisday

Aug 26, 2019
I'm possibly looking to put long travel on a 2 seat Polaris turbo I have. I had HCR on my 4 seater that I just sold but want to stay with stock length shocks for this one. Any input would be appreciated.
I'd do HCR again with one of their newer kits, personally

At Utvwolfpack we have the only +3 long Travel total +6 that is fully adjustable and also has multiple shock mounting locations for you front shocks, you can use the factory shocks with an upgraded spring kit from walker or buy the fully built Velocity series shocks we run on our Race vehicles, we have kits in stock all built from American made 4130 Chromoly with stainless steel spacers, Delron bushings and chromoly Rod ends, let us know we can send you a quote for a full system
[email protected]
You can also call us direct for any questions
Www.utvwolfpack.com
Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000