Polaris polaris rzr front differential output hub

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
Need some help, hope someone has some knowledge on this. I needed to remove my axles and cv's from my diff. for something else I was doing, I had previously had a rhino so I was used removing one cv and then hitting the other out so I tried the same method not reliazing the output hub had a thin wall and I stupidly hit right through it breaking the wall. I got a dremel and cleaned up the wall all the way to the splines.

my question is are those walls for something specific that will not let the set up work or will it make oil flow towards the outside? the simple answer is just replace them I know that but were talking about more than $700 for the two output hubs.

thanks for your help in advance

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I did the same exact thing in my 08. This sound ghetto but I cut the bottom of a beer can out slightly bigger then the hole for the axle. I then put ultra black silicone on it and pressed it in then more silicone. It held for about a year I beleive until I bought a used diff that the pinion bearing went bad in (common problem on the 800) it had 2 good hubs in it I only needed 1 and changed it out. The other hub I gave to a guy that did the same thing. It's not worth it to buys the hubs you may as well buy a new diff at that point. If you can find a good welder they may be able to tig a piece in there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
I think the bad news is I need both the female and the male? I thought about just buying a used diff. So what happens if those walls aren't their? Will the diff oil just leak out the splines? Anymore ideas or comments are welcomed. Thanks

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Yes the oil is as thin as water and will leak out. There isn't very much oil either so it will burn up quick. I was getting ready to go on a ride so I rigged it up and figured if it blew up I would pull the drive shaft and axles apart to run 2wd. It lasted better then I expected.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jershum

Feb 15, 2012
Victorville, CA
I did the same thing on my 08. I cut out a insert from a oil bottle and used silicone to seal. Been this way for over a year now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
thanks for all the info, anymore ideas on how to fix would be appreciated thanks for all the ideas so far

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
will making a wall out of JB weld instead of using silicone be better? Thanks, only other thing I can think of is getting nickel size thick pieces of axle splines and jb welding or actualy welding them to the hub. The axles splines allow a little bit of clearance to do so

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
A little late but here was my fix for this problem. I got a whole saw and cut out the right size caps. I tacked welded as much as I could and JB welded the rest, I made sure everything was a clean as possible and never had any issues with it again. Hope my fix can help someone in the future. Thanks for everyones input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000