Polaris anti YXZ video

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I by no means think Polaris is scared or running for the hills. But they have to be some what concerned or why even bring Demo YXZ's to their own CampRZR? They have never done this when Can Am released their new machines or Turbo model? They did not do anything like this when Arctic Cat released a new machine! For that reason I have to question why Polaris thought they need to not only demo the competition, but film and release a video of the most far out responses. I'm guessing the Brain Trust at Polaris who came up with this idea and released the video are sitting in an office today wishing they had not done so.

I have yet to demo a YXZ, but from those who I have spoke to that have, have said the suspension was really good, better then they expected considering the rear was a-arms. The power band is pretty high, making it different and it does take a few rides to get used to it and comfortable knowing where its at. But I think the Polaris Power Band is high and the RPM are way high, compared to a buggy and that is what I was used too. The biggest issue I have heard is the heat in the cab with the radiator so close to the firewall. This was my biggest question as I feel quite a bit of heat in the RZR and hate it.

I'm guessing the poor suspension on the Polaris Demo'ed YXZ was not adjusted correctly, or was probably adjusted correctly for what Polaris wanted people to feel and say. I could adjust every single RZR in the world to ride like shit with a few turns of the compression & rebound knobs and by adjusting the coil preload an inch or so. Something you would not be able to tell by looking at it, but within a few minutes of driving could feel.

IMO the people who had never been into the off-road sport before buying a CVT UTV like the RZR, will most likely not like the YXZ. Because they never had buggy's, Jeeps or other shifter vehicles. For those who grew up shifting in the desert, I think they will feel right at home with the YXZ.

Reactions: tatum

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Got to see one, demo and test drive one this week. Wow - what an impressive machine. It drives like no other SXS out there (and I have driven Rhino/Teryx/RzR/WC and Mav and Turbo Mav). Feels more like a hi-powered desert buggy (a lot like a Baja Challege car actually). It is NOT a slow speed cruiser - it was designed to GO. Fit / finish was top notch. Clutch pedal is very light, engagement range is very small, stalled it a bunch of times at first. Power really comes on above mid range. Turbo Mav pulls harder, but does not have the torque pull feel. Shifting is about perfect. Brakes are better than any other SXS out there. Slow speed ride is a bit rough, smoothed out with speed. Dual rates and some tuning are in order. Seating position is good, seat are comfortable, cockpit well laid out. Overall highly impressed. As for the XPT from what I have seen, it is a major improvement over an XP, and looks like a sold machine.
The YXZ is not for everyone or the timid. Guess it's like the Camaro 6spd vs Mustang auto trans debate - both are good options for what ever style you want - and no one will ever agree.

Been looking to upgrade my next race platform from a Mav XRS, been considering a SR1, but the YXZ is on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandman365

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
FJK Frank admin at rzr forum STARTED a thread over there ... I guess he thought it was going to be a big success with this new release of Polaris propaganda trash piece. ..,,I guess the truth just can't be told over there. Censorship rules the day.
While a crappy move - it is a privately owned forum - and the operators are free to do as they wish. While not agreeing with the business practices, I have to support their right to operate their business as they see fit.
I do visit and post racing info over there for the benefit of all racers, and learn about the technology. Many folks over there have an agenda, so I chose not to engage them as their minds are made up. Many have forgotten this is supposed to be a forum about fun....

Reactions: facteryfmf

dan200

Rep This - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 10, 2011
Regardless of which vehicle is better, this video is some seriously Busch league crap. It's not even well filmed or produced. And the spirit of the content is gayer than AIDS on rollerblades.

I award Polaris no stars and may God have mercy on their souls after he punches their marketing people in the dickk.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Regardless of which vehicle is better, this video is some seriously Busch league crap. It's not even well filmed or produced. And the spirit of the content is gayer than AIDS on rollerblades.

I award Polaris no stars and may God have mercy on their souls after he punches their marketing people in the dickk.

Bwahahaha, I'm stealing the " gayer than aids on roller blades" quote.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Gearbox cars do take a certain level of skill to drive hard and fast and still keep the cluthes and gearbox alive...Time will only tell how the gearboxes hold up, and I'm sure some of it will come down to personal preference, whether someone prefers a manual or an automatic transmission..."
"...IMO the people who had never been into the off-road sport before buying a CVT UTV like the RZR, will most likely not like the YXZ. Because they never had..shifter vehicles..."
I see more Honda (easily) paddle-shifted 1000 CC side-by-sides on my TV every single day of late.
If the YXZ isn't necessarily hurting belt-driven sales presently?...this video just might reflect desperation surrounding yet another shoe about to (soon) fall.

XP owners like myself are looking at the XPT and realizing that we bought a beta tester piece of crap for the mere 5K 'extra' that XPT owners are spending now to own a vastly superior car looking exactly the same and sharing many of the same parts.

I know how Honda operates and I trust them to build the last driveline that I will ever need to purchase in a recreational vehicle.

These videos are about more than Yamaha. They're about what we've wanted from day one in the sxs market, never had and are willing to purchase in a second if the right company with the right reputation offers it to us.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I think a lot of people are forgetting that Yamaha started this little battle of the brands by directly going after RZR in their 1st teaser video. It is not like they didn't throw the 1st punch and are sitting in the corner.

Was this the proper response from Polaris, hell no, this was a bunch of crap video, Yamaha didn't even have to dodge this punch because Polaris hit themselves with it.

I do find one thing comical about the YXZ though, if you have driven a YXZ you are all the sudden a magically skilled drive because you can use a clutch and pull a shift knob haha! Imagine the people that can do that on a quad or a bike using their foot to shift and hand to clutch....mind blown!!!
This is only new to the SXS community, not the dune community as most of you know.

I think the type of consumer that Polaris is targeting in their ad campaign was blatantly obvious by this video.

Will be interesting to see what the next YXZ ad looks like, if they make one.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Another TBD thing with be trans durability. A class 10 R&P (huge) need to be attended to after 1200 or so miles. I am wondering how the trans is going to hold up long term when people start running 30's in the whoops. Say what you want about CVT systems, but the belt is a soft link that helps make the transmission live. No such link on a manual transmission (unless it runs a torque converter). Time will tell.
Gearbox cars do take a certain level of skill to drive hard and fast and still keep the cluthes and gearbox alive. Time will tell what the week link is in the system, and as they are raced that link will be found and addressed and alliviated by the race transmission shops. Gearboxes are definitely not a disadvantage in racing, a good argument could be made that the opposite is true. Race cars whatever the discipline are almost exclusively gearbox manually shifted cars that includes the majority of desert race cars. Time will only tell how the gearboxes hold up, and I'm sure some of it will come down to personal preference, whether someone prefers a manual or an automatic transmission.
Both are really good points from a racing aspect view.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"I think a lot of people are forgetting that Yamaha started this little battle of the brands by directly going after RZR in their 1st teaser video. It is not like they didn't throw the 1st punch and are sitting in the corner.."
This clumsy response is bigger than Yamaha (only).
15 years or so ago, we took a 300 mile ride up in to the Appalachians with a group of three (pretty impressive) first year Rincon atvs leading the way. Obviously, 'belts' weren't even an issue at that horsepower or weight in 2000..yet every single one of us following wanted that tranny/reliability for the same reason that we're now seeing 'Sasquatch'/Pioneer videos every day and (in part) why Polaris released that ridiculous video.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Where is the video??

Ok, see it now. Edit

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
It's just a video. You'll find YXZ owners say crap about Polaris. Who cares

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
It's just a video. You'll find YXZ owners say crap about Polaris. Who cares
It's not some random dude with a gorpro youtube video with his ridding buddies...

It's a classless lying propaganda piece produced by POLARIS.

Show me one other video this tasteless produced by manufacture in SxS sport ???

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
All I know is my local dealer can't keep the Yamaha in stock while the turbos are just collecting dust on the show room floor. I have seen the same turbo on the floor since they came out.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Hard to choose between "the fit and finish is cheap" and "at 33mph i thought i was going to fall out"

I think Polaris had to do something in the Propaganda department after Yamaha put them directly in the dust during the teaser vids and launch vids but i don't think this was it.

I really think this was a mis-step by their marketing department, it really feels cheap and scummy in a used car salesman type of way.
Hard to choose between "the fit and finish is cheap" and "at 33mph i thought i was going to fall out"

I think Polaris had to do something in the Propaganda department after Yamaha put them directly in the dust during the teaser vids and launch vids but i don't think this was it.

I really think this was a mis-step by their marketing department, it really feels cheap and scummy in a used car salesman type of way.
I seriously was laughing my Ass Off on the fit and finish comment. If that dip shit thinks his Polaris quality is better than that, oh God save us. That guy has to be a Blind liberal Bernie Sanders voter. Ohh shit please help me now as I throw up. Hehe

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
FJK Frank admin at rzr forum STARTED a thread over there ... I guess he thought it was going to be a big success with this new release of Polaris propaganda trash piece.

So after 6 pages of everyone including rzr owners slamming the video and it was just getting hammered left and right... ole Nazi Frank decided to wad up his panties real good and close the thread... then edits it down from 6 pages to 3 pages taking out anything he didn't like ... then banned me and at least 3 others. LOL I've been over there since 2012 ... I never called anyone names or used profanity... I guess the truth just can't be told over there. Censorship rules the day.

That Cant banned you lol, it doesn't take long or much over there. That old Fart is a Douche bag. Lmao.

Reactions: Kalop and ROTAX

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Targeting geriatric nursing home community ???

Well crap... no wonder Johnny liked it so much. j/k LOL Bahaha
I was thinking more along the lines of 1st off road buyers and or the masses of people that are not very well off road educated.

I must admit though ths definitely had me LOL HAHA!

I seriously was laughing my Ass Off on the fit and finish comment. If that dip shit thinks his Polaris quality is better than that, oh God save us. That guy has to be a Blind liberal Bernie Sanders voter. Ohh shit please help me now as I throw up. Hehe
haha agreed!

Reactions: Kalop

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
It's not some random dude with a gorpro youtube video with his ridding buddies...

It's a classless lying propaganda piece produced by POLARIS.

Show me one other video this tasteless produced by manufacture in SxS sport ???
I hear ya. this marketing stuff gets ugly sometimes. It's entertaining though

Reactions: Kalop

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Banging gears (at :23) using a paddle shifter with both hands on the wheel as Honda has been doing in their cars...for how long now?
If you allow market creep/momentum in any direction...you're done (especially with your stock value taking that much of a hit in the exact same time frame).

jvgramps

Jul 8, 2014
Johnson Valley, Ca.
I
I knew it would not be long before some hair brained Idiot brought politics into it no wonder they banned you !!!!

Reactions: warlock

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000