Polaris Agrees to Pay $27.25 Million Civil Penalty for Failure to Report Defective Recreational Off-

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Will Polaris ever learn? Nope! And this is not the first time they have payed huge fines for not reporting safety issues with their vehicles.

Polaris Agrees to Pay $27.25 Million Civil Penalty for Failure to Report Defective Recreational Off-Road Vehicles
https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-...Civil-Penalty-for-Failure-to-Report-Defective

Polaris got busted for the same thing back in 2005.

Polaris to Pay $950,000 Penalty for Failing to Report Hazards with ATVs
https://www.cpsc.gov/content/polaris-to-pay-950000-penalty-for-failing-to-report-hazards-with-atvs

And drum roll please!!! A brand new Recall!!!

April 2, 2018 Polaris releases another XP1000 recall for possible vehicle fires. This time it’s exhaust pipe failures causing fires.
Polaris Recalls RZR XP 1000 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROVs) Due to Fire Hazard
https://cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/Polar...-Off-Highway-Vehicles-ROVs-Due-to-Fire-Hazard

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Well seeing as NIKAL let the cat out of the bag, there is actually 2 recalls.

The one he posted above and also one for the Turbos 2016-18 XPT and XPT4

Apparently the fuel pump flange if exposed to certain chemicals can become compromised and leak...

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rider-support/off-road-recalls
Click and enter your VIn# to see if your vehicle is applicable

Pictures are not mine, credit goes to USER: FJK on WWW.RZRFORUMS.NET

I just posted as a matter of spreading information.

Parts are already available and being shipped to dealers

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
Well seeing as NIKAL let the cat out of the bag, there is actually 2 recalls.

The one he posted above and also one for the Turbos 2016-18 XPT and XPT4

Apparently the fuel pump flange if exposed to certain chemicals can become compromised and leak...

Pictures are not mine, credit goes to USER: FJK on WWW.RZRFORUMS.NET

I just posted as a matter of spreading information.

Parts are already available and being shipped to dealers

Seems like a nice to have accessory in the event of a failure or roll over, I checked my vin and it does not have this on the list, I wonder if they will have these available for sale.

801Ag

Mar 25, 2018
Seems like a nice to have accessory in the event of a failure or roll over, I checked my vin and it does not have this on the list, I wonder if they will have these available for sale.
Apparently 2wheelpros.com has them on their site.

Partzilla also had it but wasn’t listed on site yet.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
If we as a (cough) 'community' wait time and again for our cradle-to-grave-mother/father figure 'government' to move forward, inform or (finally) take action regarding safety matters versus speaking frankly amongst ourselves FIRST (i.e.: discussing at length every single safety-related product or race-related issue when either we or the aftermarket often spots them immediately; see billet fuel rails, etc.) then any death or injury until that point in time falls squarely on OUR shoulders.

We've been teaching our kids that real time safety should be subjugated to business, personal and I-just-don't-want-anyone-to-get-butt-hurt so-called 'relationships' in this sport.

WE are responsible for EVERYONE who climbs in to one of these never-before-seen-or-never-so-dangerous play toys NOT the government or some entrpreneur willing to invest in the obvious given a simple observation.

Teaching our kids anything less is a slap in the face to any off road legacy that we are supposed to be passing down, the role of these forums in facilitating safety matters and the unbridled power of what freedom of speech in this country is all about.

The next generation shouldn't be learning these lessons at funerals and rehab facilities due to our (inability; laziness?) to both recognize and relay the obvious involving these glorified golf carts first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000