Please pray for...

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks to Greg Frantz for Posting this up!

Hey everyone.. I just wanted to pass on the info that another good friend, and fellow racer, Josh Hounslow got severely burned while in Glamis riding with Brandon Sims. An oil line broke causing a fire, and he has been badly burned as well. There has also been a donation account set up for Josh. Anything will help! Please spread the word to our community!!

To donate to the Josh Hounslow Recovery Fund here is the paypal address:

[email protected]

Don't forget to choose the option for Gift.

For those of you without paypal here is the mailing address:

Josh Hounslow Recovery Fund
4430 N Sheridan Lane
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

So please help out, even if its just a little! Everything helps! Thanks very much!! These two guys need all the help we can give them!

Please pray for Branden Sims (NAATV) and Josh Houslow (Hounslow). Today while in Glamis, Branden and Josh were riding in Brandens SR1 Rhino and an oil line came off and sprayed onto the exhaust while moving at a high rate of speed. This then caused a huge fire while the oil kept spewing out and engulfed the car. The two were able to jump out of the car while still moving. Although both jumped out, both have been burned pretty badly. Branden has no skin left on his legs from the thighs down. Josh has second and third degree burns on his lower legs, wrists and face. Branden is worse off but please put both in your prayers.

They had a friend drive them to a Brawley hospital where they have both been sent back to Phoenix to a burn center. Details are still coming in and vague. If Phoenix burn center determines Brandens burns to only be second degree, they may be treated for the day tomorrow and released monday. Both are in transport to Phoenix as I type this...

Last edited by a moderator:

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
WOW! Thats horrible!! :eek: Prayers sent out to both of them for a speedy recovery!!

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Josh is going to be released from the burn center sometime today. Unfortunately Branden is not so lucky. He will be there for a couple of weeks. He must receive skin grafts over all his lower legs.

Hounslow

El Jefe Numero Uno - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 1, 2009
Thank you everyone. For the kind words and prayers. It was the scariest moment of my life. Everything went to slow motion. And for a moment I came to terms with my demise. Thinking about my wonderfull family and friends is what gave me the drive to survive.
I will say through this I will be purchasing reach flight services for my entire family. I was always the naysayer saying that wouldn't happen to me. Well here's lifes rude awakaning. And I thank god both sims and I will be spending some more time on it

Sent from my Droid

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Was out there when this happen , glad to here it was not worse for the both of you , Preyers sent for a speedy recovery for the both of you !

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Hey Josh,gald to hear you are OK and in good condition.I hope Brandon is doing good and will make a full recovery.I have always enjoyed racing with him and his family is super cool.Keep us up to date please.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thank you everyone. For the kind words and prayers. It was the scariest moment of my life. Everything went to slow motion. And for a moment I came to terms with my demise. Thinking about my wonderfull family and friends is what gave me the drive to survive.
I will say through this I will be purchasing reach flight services for my entire family. I was always the naysayer saying that wouldn't happen to me. Well here's lifes rude awakaning. And I thank god both sims and I will be spending some more time on it

Sent from my Droid

Prayers sent for both of you guys. Get well soon!

Also great move on getting a REACH membership. I got one for the whole family and hope I never have to use it but it is very wise to obtain. Plus its good for all of us to chip in what little it costs so that this service remains for us for many many seasons!

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
Bad situation for sure, I know his dad Dale very well...prayers go out to family and friends for sure.:(

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Prayers from our house for both of you and your family. I'm very glad to hear that it wasn't worse for either of you. I used to be a flight nurse and have flown a few burns to the county burn center. They will take great care of him! Hope you both get well soon....

Scott@XMF

XMF Pit Slave - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 23, 2009
Phx
That is terrible news my family will keep you guys in our thoughts. Get well soon.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Just got home from the hospital. Branden is in pretty good spirits for his situation. Josh was released today, but Branden will spend the next 10-14 days having skin grafts on his legs done.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
:(

Hearing this news has seriously put a damper on my day. Hang in there guys. We're all pulling for you.

Sorry we got disconnected Josh. Please give me a ring when you're up to it.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Hey everyone,

Thank you for the support and prayers from everyone it sure feels good to have all of you out there to help me get through this. I am currently at the Phoenix Burn Center laying in bed being so bored so if anyone has any questions or comments I would enjoy talking to keep my mind off of everything.

I really wanna say thank you to whoever ran up to me with a fire extinguisher after I jumped from my car and helped to put the rest of the fire out that was continuing to burn my legs.

I want to say thank you to both Jason and Corry Weller for helping my friends load up my toyhauler with my rhino and camping gear.

And thnk you UtvUnderground for everyones support, thoughts, and prayers. They are much need and appreciated!

I hope to get out of here asap to make sure that I am ready for the entire season of LOORRS this year!

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
WOW, In truly sorry to here this terriable news Brandon & Josh. My Family & I we pray for a speedy recovery. What room are you in Ill bring the family by to see you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000