Petition to appeal AB1595

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
This has been on "another" forum for awhile and it's kinda sad out of 50,000+ members there aren't even half willing to sign to make the minimum required. Maybe a better response here.

Signed #2 Maybe it will do some good...

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
This has been on "another" forum for awhile and it's kinda sad out of 50,000+ members there aren't even half willing to sign to make the minimum required. Maybe a better response here.

Signed #2 Maybe it will do some good...
Thanks for signing. Come on people

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
The problem with this petition is you are asking the Federal Government to look into a State issue. The Helmet law was done at a State level. And that is exactly what the Federal Government is going to say if this petition ever got the 25K signatures that is needed. They will tell you to speak to your Governor's office.

I think many have realized this and that is why this petition is not getting any signatures.

Familyman

Family. It's about time.
Jan 24, 2011
Mesa, Az
The problem with this petition is you are asking the Federal Government to look into a State issue. The Helmet law was done at a State level. And that is exactly what the Federal Government is going to say if this petition ever got the 25K signatures that is needed. They will tell you to speak to your Governor's office.

I think many have realized this and that is why this petition is not getting any signatures.
I agree. I also don't believe a full repeal is going to go anywhere in the assembly. California does still need to have a law that legally defines utvs or rohvs. Donnelly needs to do a rewrite, but leave the definition portion of the law and then do a rewrite on the requirements portion. The seating should be a fairly simple thing to get rewritten to allow safe add on seating. I believe he should go all out and write a bill to mimic arizonas. Would be easy to show how well it works here and it brings in increased revenue for the state. Increased revenue should be an easy sell to a broke state. How many Californians do you think would be willing to pay a yearly registration and insurance to be street legal? I bet it would bet it would be a very large number. It shouldn't even be mentioned that this is needed because people don't want to wear helmets. He needs to sell it as a way to regulate an industry better and a need to tax( street legal registration) the off road community. Seems to me that it would be a win for both sides. Part of the registration fee for rohvs could even be designated for environmental restoration- talk about speaking the dems language.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000