PCI SXS Busa Build

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
Alright Guys, wish I can say I was just taking a break, but been super busy with work and business.

Since I last posted, I took the whole car apart to fully weld it which I was fortunate enough to have my 11 year old help with cause I can fit into some of these areas. I came to find out that the boy is a pretty good welder, guess the years of practice are starting to pay off.

So we welded the entire frame, and then I spent a few days drawing some more parts, I.e. tabs for the floor, fuel cell brackets which I'm almost done with, exhaust rest and mounts, oil cooler mount, etc. I'm now working on drawing all my pedal mounts and will hopefully have those installed in the next few weeks as I'm trying to get ready for tin in about 3...

Anyways, here's a few pics.....

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the final product and here the reports! I have a Teryx 4. Your project has made me want to do something similar with a ZX-14R!
awsome! that was one of my motor choices, ended up with busa because of the amount of upgrades and builders out there... the ZX14 should make for an outstanding power plant for your build. send me the link when you get it started and let me know if you need any help with custom parts...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Some awesome fab work man. Impressive for sure!

thank guys!

glad you posted as you struck some memory, i need to get my intercom to guys still, it stopped working after like 4 months of use and need it working to install it in this car. send me a pm when you have a chance to figure out where to send it and to whos attention please..

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks Jason! As always with you guys thanks for the quick response! Top notch over there at Rugged!

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Got the gear box and motor put back in, added a few more floor braces and roof bracing and mocked up some of the body to make perm mounts tomorrow...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Ok, so I started making some simple templates out of cardboard this afternoon. I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to do the roof as I may add some features to it, I.e. wing, or scoop, or..... I'm also not sure what type of scoops I'm going to make or get for my radiator, oil cooler and air box. I mocked some simple cardboard ones up just to get an idea. just gonna keep plucking away...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000