Parker bitd results??

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
We ending up with an unschedualed safety equiptment test and yes it all works! 16 days and countless hours to build it and only 33 miles to wreck it. Ouch! I am sooooooo glad I did not hurt the 2 dirt bike riders that were down on the edge of the race course! It was on the graded gravel road were it happened. I had been flying along at 70mph and decided to back off a llittle to 60mph. I was already in the lead and was pulling away from the 15 other UTVs that were racing. It was a blind tight right turn when I saw the dirt bikers on the outside edge of the race course. I steered hard left and slammed the brakes. I ended up going end over end 3 times with a twist. The impact ripped the right front suspension off, ending our race.

SHAGGY

PRO 1950
Sep 24, 2010
VEGAS
1-pro 1919 Schueler
2-pro 1924 Lasher
3-pro 1932 Parks
4-pro 1917 Murray
5-pro 1905 Palhegyi
6-pro 1927 Anderson
7-pro 1943 Reynolds
8-pro 1950 Lindberg
9-sprt 1982 Lansky
10-pro 1931 Kohrell
11-pro 1929 Furnell DNF
12-pro 1930 Cook DNF
13-pro 1939 Sheakley DNF
14-dsr1 1951 Turner DNF
15-pro 1938 Thomas DNF
16-pro 1904 Sappington DNF
17-pro 1915 Raber DNF
18-pro 1911 Martinez DNF

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Not a good day for the 1929 team..... We started well and were working our way up the wash and had caught the 1950 and the 1917 at pit 2. Somewhere in the mix we blew out our spring perches in the rear. I didnt account for enough room for the full stroke of the shock and we were getting coil bind (bonehead mistake). We ended up driving about 60 miles with negative preload and the bottom of the car took a pounding. We made it to main pit and realized what had happened so since my teamamte in the 1938 was out I barrowed his front shocks and got going again. By the time we made it to pit 2 again the rear diff. case was broke into 2 pices and we had to call it a day. This is my first DNF. I want to give a thanks to the jaggedx team they came over to our pit and offered to help in anyway they could. I also want to thank all my sponsors: Pitbull Tires, Rockstarcustomz, Makin Trax Suspension, Dirty Dawg Performance, Lakeview Dental Ceramics, and a special thanks to my teammate Brian Thomas (1938).

desertman103

Jan 10, 2011
Well I don't own a UTV but just wanted to say thanks to Cory for not hitting me ( Rider #350) and the people helping me. I was still out of it and 2 guys were assisting me,I estimate Cory rolled about 2 minutes after I wrecked. Heres a race report I posted somewhere else, thanks guys

I was out there with the Certified Badass Bros Race team we were racing in Open Expert on a 2008 crf450 bike # 350. Here is my race report. Also I am sorry about grammar, etc. one hand typing blows!

This was bad ass Bros. 3rd year racing the 250 and my 2nd year. and it is always a blast.Our first rider Travis was racing the first leg and had some problems with the bike at mm 5, so we fell quite behind. I hopped on the bike at Midway around 8:50-9:00am. Was feeling pretty good, unlike last year i was in shape for this race (college swim and water polo). Well as we all know those fire roads after midway, you can get going pretty quick and there isnt much traction. At mm 33 I estimate I was going 60-70mph when I crashed.I was riding and realized a turn at the last second it was a weird, blind turn. This is my theory on what happened, I believe I hit the brake and slid out hitting the berm( dirt pushed up from grading) and when that impact occurred I destroyed my wrist. Then I believe I was launched and landed on my right side, bruising my head, messing up my right elbow, right side of ribs and right knee. Seemed like instantly other racers were helping me, I know a rider was asking if i was ok, but i couldn't answer because I couldn't breath and then another rider whos bike was blown up down the road saw the crash and ran to help. The craziest part was about to happen. I estimate 2 minutes after my crash the 2 guys helping me were kneeling down and I was sitting where I crashed. A UTV came and did exactly what I did, saw turn at last second, hit brakes, slid and hit berm. They hit the berm and launched and rolled , they went ooover us , it scared everyone and was a close call. About 1 minute after that a quad does same thing. IMO this turn wasn't marked right, but yes it was my riding error but i do believe they should of put a turn marker because it was a high speed part. I believed I could still race, but the bike was destroyed and after the adrenaline wore off, my wrist elbow and chest started hurting. a bitd volunteer gave me a ride on the back of his quad to a stop check point and i waited there. My teams helicopter ( family friend owns one) landed and this was kind of funny, I was like, " I think thats my helicopter" bitd official " What pro team you race for??" me: " Im not a pro" and then took off in the helicopter.
I just want to thank everyone who stopped and helped me. Id like to thank the Miles family for letting me race with them and sorry we couldnt finish. Here are some pics

Wrist:

Bike before race :

Wrecked:

Helmet:

thanks guys

- Danny

RUCK16

RDC Troublemaker - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 10, 2011
Parker, AZ
A lot of carnage at the race congrats to the finishers, i was at stop check one and saw a lot of cool stuff. you guys killed it. that damn pink and black thing was so loud it hurt! and the can am looked bad when we say it getting towed....

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxR7at_BWcs]YouTube - Parker 250 UTV's.mp4[/ame]
found this video on you tub:eek:e...

Dtz Racer

Buttons
Jan 4, 2011
I'm Cory's co driver and we sure went for a ride. Really disappointing to end our first race in the commander like that after it was performing so well. Just glad we didn't hit that down rider.

And of all the races we didn't have are go pro mounted in the car!

rzr 1930

Sep 14, 2010
The Fabtech RZR #1930 had a great day even though we ended it with a DNF. We started 17th off the line but by the end of our first lap we had moved all the way to 5th, after our pit stop/driver change the car headed out ok but by mm12 they thought they had lost a belt, turns out it was something in the rear end. Car made a loud pop then no power to the wheels after finding the belt to be ok they motored on in front wheel drive, the car went good for awhile but while passing another vehicle they let off the gas then got back into it just to find out the front wheel drive failed (sprauge carrier). We ended up finishing 10th not bad for the first desert outing in the new car. A big thanks goes to Kris from Fabtech for spending all day thursday fine tuning the suspension on the car, the rougher the track the better we went. See you at Mesquite. Here is a link for the in car footage from the race.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdSYMc-C9U"]YouTube - fabtech rzr at B.I.T.D Parker 250[/ame]

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
Congrats to all the finishers, especially Jagged, Lasher, and Parks you guys killed it! Cory, glad to see that you and the bike riders you barely missed by jumping over are safe, could have been much worse. Crazy how close of a call that was. Was nice to see the large turnout. Hopefully this will continue through 2011. The 1917 Rhino ran great in Parker. We started in about the middle of the pack around 9th position, and slowly battled our way along. The course was fast in areas, and super rocky and rough in others. We had a blast going back and forth with Kingpin for about 30+ miles. Ended up rolling the Rhino on the side in the Python with a quad parked in the middle as we were coming around a sharp turn, but got it back over pretty quick. Then had bent a rim and blew out the tire on lap 2 and went about 10 miles on the flat to pit 2. And lastly took out the rear tire and finished on it for the last 5-6 miles. Would like to thank Desert Toyz for the fast reliable motor that keeps the Rhino in the hunt, Lonestar for the suspension that gets us through anything, ITP for the Baja Cross tires that take a beating every race, Dead Rabbit Clothing, and Sunset Vans for allowing us to race. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Silver State, hopefully we will have a second cylinder.:D

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
We had a blast and the RZR 4, Baja Bobsled was stupid fast. The driver sucked...but whatever. Can't wait to race again at the SS300. If I keep the air in the tires...look out.

Let's see if we can get 20 cars again. This sport is exploding!

Woot...woot! :)

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
congrats to everyone... so glad cory and his co driver are ok... good thing he built a nice solid cage...it saved them...
we broke a stub axle at mile 55.. we had a long day and finsihed to say the least.... after we broke about 3 minutes later is when UTV's started passing by. Parks then jagged then lasher... cant remember the rest of the order.. it was awesome to be out there... thanks to wally and mike at lasher motorsports for loaning us a stub axle we couldnt have finshed the race without u...
we didnt get to many pics this race.. but here are a few!

RUCK16

RDC Troublemaker - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 10, 2011
Parker, AZ
congrats to everyone... so glad cory and his co driver are ok... good thing he built a nice solid cage...it saved them...
we broke a stub axle at mile 55.. we had a long day and finsihed to say the least.... after we broke about 3 minutes later is when UTV's started passing by. Parks then jagged then lasher... cant remember the rest of the order.. it was awesome to be out there... thanks to wally and mike at lasher motorsports for loaning us a stub axle we couldnt have finshed the race without u...
we didnt get to many pics this race.. but here are a few!

Youre the ones that broke at my parents checkpoint at shea crossing two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000