Parker 250 Overall

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Will we see a Turbo or an NA car overall this race? Cognito sure has been on fire in their NA car, and I'm not sure everyone has their Turbo cars figured out quite yet. Thoughts?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Once everyone figures out their turbo cars they will be impossible to beat....but believe me our sights are set on the overall.....if your not first...your last

Reactions: JoeyD23

jdrew1965

Oct 28, 2015
Way to throw that out there Branden. I think the new rules do not favor the Polaris turbo cars. I know they are fast but that speed limiting factor could really hurt. If we get enough funding to build a new car, our plan is to build a Polaris turbo the same way we would build it for pro production or pro turbo and run it as unlimited. This would essentially allow us to remap the ECU, lift the speed limiter, and use an aftermarket blowoff. A couple minor other things would be changed that the pro turbo rules do not allow that would really unlock that car and allow full potential of what the platform can be.

This race will say a lot for how the season can potentially go. I heard a rumor that there could be up to ten Can Am cars for the turbo class to contend with. I guess they didn't preregister or it was just a rumor, but I did see one of these cars and it's not on the draw list.

My money is going to stay in my pocket but I do think one of you factory drivers will take it. See you all out there!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
I have seen two new Mav turbos I didn't know anything about testing out here at plaster city this week. One is a brand new racer in a brand new car that is a factory sponsored rider. I was blown away. Apparently candied yam plans to hit the pro turbo class pretty hard this year.

Realistically the mav turbos are fast. But the field has always been so Polaris heavy it would seem like a daunting task to put a podium full of can ams up in any race this year. I hope to see how things work out.

I don't think the reflash issues will be a problem honestly. Yes a can am turbo with some clutch tweaks can get 84-85 but with the same token a new Rzr turbo will run that too. I just finished one today, 100% stock brand new no reflash and after the clutch work it ran 82.9gps. That's the same that Simms and others have reported. That's the gear ratio being the limiting factor in the Polaris.

But if the Polaris and can am both run within 2mph of each other what's the big deal? There shouldn't be any sort of advantage or disadvantage with either. The Polaris platform is easier to make fast, there are 50,000,000 companies that build Polaris Rzr parts. I don't see why the consensus on the board is that the Rzr turbo is going to be at a disadvantage. Cause after working on the car I finished today, a new turbo XP build, I can without a doubt say that there is no way that car will be at any sort of disadvantage.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
There is simply ABSOLUTELY no way a NA car will ever overall anymore. To be starting 20th behind all the turbos just won't let it happen. Justin is going to have to be the bad guy once again and nerf his way to the front from the get go. He won't be able to wait one second on any turbo he is trying to pass.

Apr 10, 2011
Memphis,TN
Our east coast series has been running turbo's for a while. Far as mechanicals go, it all depends on drivers foot being to heavy and addiction to the speed they have. Cam ams have been breaking axles and few minor injector /electrical problems. Polaris turbo have been busting front sprague carriers, axles and a few trees jumping out. Our class champ racing a Polaris turbo(stock clutching) has put up too 250 race miles on same belt with no signs of wear. Some think east coast is not the same as desert. I have raced/prepped desert and woods/rally cars. Woods/rally race cars have more wear and fatigue per mile than desert buggies. When you finish a woods/rally 100 mile race you cant hardly hold arms up or walk from the beating you take. Desert racing you get out wanting more.

With that said from my humble opinion a good N/A car dialed in could overall. If we have some guys running with lots of seat time in turbos n/a hasn"t got a chance.

Last edited:

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"..Justin is going to have to be the bad guy once again and nerf his way to the front from the get go. He won't be able to wait one second on any turbo he is trying to pass.
Did the rules change...again?
Why don't you guys simply fabricate the exact same front and ass ends on these things so that you'll at least "match up" if they indeed haven't?
It's as if the above is the most preposterous (safety-related) suggestion in the history of racing.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Cory wanted me to inform the Underground that UTV tech will start at 8am rather than 10AM so that he can get it all finished tomorrow. He said a lot of new cars and tech on a lot of cars will take almost all day

Reactions: JoeyD23

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
There is either going to be a rash of sandbagging in this short race over the shame related to the starting positions...
...or (more likely) a whole lot of teams in the draw are going to (finally) realize what 'grandfathering' AND big money sponsorship (coming out of the draw as well) is indeed all about as they take the green flag at the next race.

One would think that young people are beyond tired of grandfathering in general...yet never underestimate the power of a 'clique' even when you're being disrespected...and know it.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
There is simply ABSOLUTELY no way a NA car will ever overall anymore. To be starting 20th behind all the turbos just won't let it happen. Justin is going to have to be the bad guy once again and nerf his way to the front from the get go. He won't be able to wait one second on any turbo he is trying to pass.
If there's a will there's a way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000