Paddle shift?? (no CVT)

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
There's already paddle shift on Honda pioneer... I hate CVT belt clutching non-sense, always have, I know it has it's got Pro and Cons.

Do you think we'll see paddle shifters on any sport SxS ?

If so... when? (I know its just anybody's guess).

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Would having a paddle shift Trans mean it is a manual or automatic because sales would probably drop a lot with a manual transmission

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
With paddles shifters there's no clutch. You got paddle on left, pull it and it goes 1 gear lower, pull paddle on right of steering wheel and it goes 1 gear higher. Its still very very easy to do ... but not completely as easy as CVT.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Here's video shows pioneer paddle shifts, skip to 3:00 minute mark and start there:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaxAA31njEQ"]Honda's All-New Pioneer 500: Features - YouTube[/ame]

Tzenev

Jul 9, 2013
I think if they go away from cvt clutching you will see prices jump a lot. Also instead of the belt being the weak link it will be front and rear diffs, gears in the transmission itself. I don't know about you guys but I'd rather change a belt. I know grabbing gears would be badass though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
You think prices will jump? Pioneer price point is cheap... but it's not putting down the HP sport SxS are doing now either. I read on another forum some guy though Honda had patent for paddle shifting setups with tranny for ATVs/UTVs. Any truth to that ??

TOPRPM

Dec 3, 2011
I desperately need to shift! I hate the CVT and the consistent rpm sound where there is no shifting. I consider shifting as part of driving fun. I think transmission is be more reliable than CVT but it will cost a fortune to repair if it gets wrong. POLARIS and other manufactures, hear me out I'm willing to pay extra for this feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000