OUR LATEST UTV PROJECT: CAN AM MAVERICK (WITH PHOTOS)

Introducing the latest addition to the UTV Performance family, our new project UTV, a 2015 Can-Am Maverick X DS Turbo.

In the coming months, we will be doing a complete build. We will try to update you here, but you can also follow on our blog.

Here are a few of the before shots (full album on our blog). Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Leo@UTVperformance

May 13, 2015
Thats a good thought Gilroy. We haven't quite decided which way we will go on the suspension. We are considering a long travel kit built by H Town performance.

Check it out! We took the Mav to our friends at Doug's Dyno to do a baseline run.

Can Am's specs show Maverick XDS Turbo as 121 horsepower at the crank. We tested it ourselves and the results came out to 99.8 hp at the wheels. Remember, this is just a baseline run. Soon, you will see a number of upgrades and we will run a test again to show you the gains.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Hey looks good. I have been working with Gary Fries and Tom Morris to dial in the 2.5 Fox Shocks and have really got some amazing results . Gary and Tom worked on the My Max out at Barstow and had the Help of Eibach getting the springs rates figured out and the car is a whole new machine. call Gary at 714 390 3172

Reactions: HardcoreAK

DBlank72

RZR Junkie
Jun 27, 2014
Candler, NC
Check out the new tires and wheel set up...

We installed:

1. Method Race Wheels - 15" 401 UTV Beadlock Wheels in Matte Black
2. General Tires - 30" General Grabber M/T's (currently not available to the public)

See for yourself...

See more details here.

More coming soon, so stay tuned...
Very interested in those tires, appears like my father has been with-holding information from me about new Continental/General tires coming out. The tread on those look like they will preform very well on a sxs.

Since everyone has been encouraging us to continue sharing more, here's the latest. We've taken these DragonFire HiBoy Doors....

And put them on our Can Am Mav:

Seriously, looks sweet already. Especially when you open them, you'll see the front doors have the suicide door design.

To learn more about these doors, click here.

But we're not done yet with these doors, stay tuned! We have a few more posts coming your way soon.

We're super excited to share with you our EVOPS Stage 6 Performance Pack Install on the Mav.

Here it is right out the box.

Here are more photos from the build.

The kit includes an ECU reflash, Borg Warner Turbo, Custom Cat Bypass Pipe, Big Injectors, Primary Clutch Spring Upgrade, Oil Feed Line and Raised Rev Limiter. This should all add up to 200+ WHP on 91 Octane!

You can learn more about the EVOPS Stage 6 Performance Pack here.

Hopefully, we'll be able to measure and share actual results with you soon. More coming, so stay tuned...

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Man... the devil is in the details.

1) I don't see a larger intake manifold for evo stage 6 kit... won't stock intake big huge choke point?
2) You guys running STM secondary and stock turbo primary? Seems like with that much increase HP your going to need added weight on primary.

Thanks for sharing.

Dec 8, 2014
Man... the devil is in the details.

1) I don't see a larger intake manifold for evo stage 6 kit... won't stock intake big huge choke point?
2) You guys running STM secondary and stock turbo primary? Seems like with that much increase HP your going to need added weight on primary.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your response Kalop!

We are dealing with a boosted engine so there is no need for a larger intake manifold due to the fact that the air is being forced instead of relying on venturi vacuum (same idea as when it comes to boosted car engines). Although a larger intake manifold will increase performance, it is not a requirement for this kit.

Yes, we are running a STM secondary and stock primary, but we've upgraded the stock primary spring with one that is provided with the stage 6 kit. That primary spring eliminates any possibility of clutch slippage during high horsepower demand. We've driven the Maverick multiple times after installation of the kit and haven't had any slippage issues.

Reactions: Kalop

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Sub'd for sure... thanks for response. I got mav stage turbo ecu reflash, evo cat delete and exhaust and blowing belts... so I'm curious how your clutching setup will work out... I didn't know Evo was selling anything yet for stock primary... keep us posted and keep pics coming Awesome

Dec 8, 2014
Sub'd for sure... thanks for response. I got mav stage turbo ecu reflash, evo cat delete and exhaust and blowing belts... so I'm curious how your clutching setup will work out... I didn't know Evo was selling anything yet for stock primary... keep us posted and keep pics coming Awesome
You're welcome Kalop! More photos and info will be coming soon. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000