Open me! - IMPORTANT 2017 WORCS SEASON INFO!
Christmas is almost here!
It is that time of year again when excitement for the new season is growing and anything is possible. The WORCS staff has been working extremely hard to get the 2017 program ready for you!
There are new and exciting events for the 2017 WORCS season that wrap cool and fun together and then throw in a huge dose of horsepower. The most current schedule is below and all dates are secured except for the final round. We are trying to secure a really unique venue for the final round so be patient with us as it comes together.
The 2016 season saw a 34% growth for WORCS, which is both exciting and challenging for the team. Almost all of the growth came from the motorcycle side of program. WORCS is trying to accommodate so many different styles of racing that our venues and parking lots can no longer handle the attendance. To be proactive and accommodate for this growth, we have separated several of the events for the 2017 season allowing the SXS/UTV's to race on different weekends. The plan is to split the program entirely in 2018, Motorcycles on one weekend and SXS/ATV on another. The average entry count was right at 1300 entries per round of which SXS entries accounted for about 10%. However, that 10% of entries takes about 35% of the parking spaces. We just need more space for this segment of WORCS racing.
SXS/UTV's will open in Primm, NV on January 20-22 for special event called the SXS World Finals. This one-off event will have a two race format to decide who is the best crossover athlete in a SXS.
Here is a quick run down of the bullet points for 2017.
- Round 1 at Mesquite is for motorcycles and ATV's ONLY and is just 30 days away. So get your memberships done ahead of time so you can have your cool backgrounds printed up. Track info page link has all the hotel info and race schedule.
- The Open class is back for the Motorcycles in 2017 and will be available for Pro 2 qualifying at most rounds.
- Round 6, The WORCS Las Vegas round will be at the Orleans Arena for the next two years.
- Round 8 will be the WORCS Summer Festival at the Stater Brother Stadium in Adelanto, CA. A unique mix of music, racing and fun. All this will be in the stadium and the surrounding off road areas.
SXS/UTV specific updates for 2017.
- First, a couple of rule updates:
- In the SXS Youth 800 class. The only cars that will be allowed are those that originally came as 800cc or less.
- The 3" seat harness width has been removed. This is do to neck restraint systems working better with 2" harnesses.
- Scott Lee will be the Race Director and Technical Inspection Supervisor for the SXS racing program. Sean Reddish will not be your point of contact for SXS racing questions or issues.
- Age waivers may be given at the discretion of the Race Director for up to 2 years from the minimum age requirements. These same waivers can be withdrawn by the Race Director at any time should he feel it is necessary. Must present birth certificate as proof of date of birth at the time of age waiver request.
50% *Discount DOES NOT APPLY TO SXS WORLD FINALS.
Bring a Racer and Save! If you bring a new racer to WORCS, you get a bonus! ONE race entry for you is 50% off and the racer you bring gets 50% off ONE race entry. You do not need this coupon to get the discount but mention it at the registration trailer. Just remember that a new racer is someone that did not race in 2016 and the two of you must sign up at the race at the same time. This offer is not limited in times used. Bring a new racer to each race and save each time! All Classes are eligible.