Old 70's-80's offroad pics post here!

superdean

my07rhino
Jun 17, 2009
Hanford, CA

Transformer33

Da-Coach
Jan 30, 2011
WOW!!!!!!!! Papa you have some great pics there I only go back to 2006 when we moved from Orange county to the IE and my buddy Richie got me into riding so no old pics for me :cool:

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Here is the trail head for the little Rubicon Ride and it has changed a lot!

1979!
I was just there yesterday in my Jeep with some buddies. I wish I had this image with me so I could compare. I get sad every time I go out there because of how much is closed now. We used to camp off of the Old highway near Chiriaco Summit. Our club used to do a big shin dig there every thanksgiving. Roast a pig, side of beef and so on. We did Jeep games like a teeter totter and an obstacle course. From google earth you can still see some of the race course we used to use. It's in wilderness now.

Papa Bear, what club did you belong to back in the day? Some of those jeeps look familiar.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Hemet Jeep Club from 76 to 82 was VP in 79 and 80! I posted some pictures on the little Rubicon ride of Red Canyon then and now and at the end of Red there is more sand now! It is about 4 or 5 feet deeper now;) Thanks guys, it is giving me a reason to digitize my oldies! :D
My dad knew all of the Hemet Jeepers but our club was the OC 4 wheelers. The Hemet Jeep club always had the coolest jeeps! I bought my first flatfender from a guy out of Hemet. I think I have a picture from White Mountain in Big Bear at work I can share.

Keep sharing as these are cool!

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Here is one for Cisco, you can almost see his house in the background to the right!

I have been up that hill, and we have to do it fast not to get a ticket ;-)

Rangers in that area are using quad to get you ;-(

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
That's the part that I don't get, if you stick to a trail, what's the big deal? This whole tree hugger thing is out of hand.

Looks like Craig's gonna' have issues at his new place too,

Colorado OHV Program Has Been Ambushed! TAKE ACTION NOW! : Crawler News

Here's the current haps in New Mexico:

http://www.nmohva.org/main/index.php

I support this group and follow them closely. There are many groups out there, but we must all get in the game somewhere, or sell your rides and start walking the desert.

http://www.arra-access.com/site/PageServer

And one more for the masses. I just found this one today.

http://www.accessarmy.com/

This has to stop. The next step is going to be some lunatic offing Park Rangers. These bureaucrats don't get it. My biggest issue is the people elect these dimwits to office, and then bitch about it.

I say we start holding these idiots to their campaign promises, and also initiate recalls when they don't. They work for us, and aren't free to do as they wish.

As for the tree huggers, these folks need to get a life. The relatively small area we ride, when compared to the WHOLE of the environment we live in, is not a significant impact to the environment.

They try REAL hard to make folks think it is, but let's see some real numbers and data to support their claims. Let's take all land masses into account not just specific, easily accessible to human, areas.

This is really pissing me off!:mad:

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I vote this as being the coolest thread ever on UTVUnderground! Thank you for sharing all of these amazing old school off road pics with us. Rusty5150 has some awesome pics also that he is going to get from his dad to scan and post. I cant wait to see those as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000