Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Keep the cars on 30's and then other than the fast bladed stuff or a lake bed, the extra HP might just be the undoing of the coming mega HP cars...

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
that tricks the IAT intake air temp sensor into thinking that the intake air is colder than normal. that was a trick guys used on turbo cars way way back in the day. it tricks the computer into thinking the intake air is cooler which in turn pushes the ECU into a richer mapping. the ecu is already mapped for different air temps. the ECU is already programmed so how would it be cheating? thats not adding boost, but by coupling a less restrictive intake and free flowing exhaust, you could likely net a 5-10hp increase with this. thats tricks of the trade, not cheating.

Reactions: Queen Racing

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
that tricks the IAT intake air temp sensor into thinking that the intake air is colder than normal. that was a trick guys used on turbo cars way way back in the day. it tricks the computer into thinking the intake air is cooler which in turn pushes the ECU into a richer mapping. the ecu is already mapped for different air temps. the ECU is already programmed so how would it be cheating? thats not adding boost, but by coupling a less restrictive intake and free flowing exhaust, you could likely net a 5-10hp increase with this. thats tricks of the trade, not cheating.
In my younger days we used to use the ECT to do the same thing. Old Yota' trick was to wire a pot dial into the ECT and alter the coolant temp signal. Did the same thing and enriched the system...

Reactions: facteryfmf

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
How is it not cheating if external fuel controllers are not allowed? These rules are just too messy and up to Cory's sole interpretation at any moment

Any rule that can not be applied universally across all brands is simply a bad rule. Can Am can be checked with BUDS to make sure they aren't cheating but Polaris drivers have to mandatory surrender their ECU? What is happening to these ECUs in the weeks that Polaris drivers can't drive or test their cars? I'm sure they are packed with care in static protected electronic bags and placed in foam lined cases.:rolleyes: More like thrown in the bottom of a dirty toolbox.

Its also bogus that S3 had to do a last minute ECU swap to "show they weren't cheating". Innocent until proven otherwise. No doubt in my mind that could have caused them the race because of the limp mode problems. Cory isn't being hard on CanAm to prove a point. He is being unreasonable to EVERYONE! Seems to me everyone is fed up but no one wants to sit out a race to get BITD. There is just too much invested into a race program, whether it be loosing sponsorships or a guy building a car in his driveway, to not race when there is only a limited number of races anyway. If Cory hadn't ran out of gas and would have won Parker I think there would have been some interesting words had Cory still tried to confiscate ECUs after the race!!!!

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Seams like if everyone wanted Corry out they would need to find someone or some people to take his place first. But I'm just a reader who finds this stuff interesting maybe you all have something. But you can't get him out if there is no one to do the job?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Seams like if everyone wanted Corry out they would need to find someone or some people to take his place first. But I'm just a reader who finds this stuff interesting maybe you all have something. But you can't get him out if there is no one to do the job?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Casey won't out him. That's the problem.

Always Watching

Aug 18, 2015
The question should why not go faster. Why go 100mph +in a unlimited truck because you can.
An Unlimited truck will run the course at that speed with its travel and tire size. A UTV won't with 30s and 18" of travel. 90% of these cars started with 1.75" tubing and are now down to 1.5" to cut weight, are you certain that one of these cars would take a 90+ MPH tumble and the driver/co-driver would walk away? Doubt it.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
An Unlimited truck will run the course at that speed with its travel and tire size. A UTV won't with 30s and 18" of travel. 90% of these cars started with 1.75" tubing and are now down to 1.5" to cut weight, are you certain that one of these cars would take a 90+ MPH tumble and the driver/co-driver would walk away? Doubt it.
I've been in two rollovers at 70 mph and have 1.75 tube but I wouldn't want to think about the violence you would experience at 90 mph. Especially a two seater with the short wheelbase wouldn't care to guess how many times it would roll.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Pretty sure 10 cars are 1.5 tubing and will go over a 100mph. How about just getting to 85 faster, is that to scary?
Also I see the IAT sensor trick as perfectly fine as well as tricking the speed sensor or unplugging it.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Pretty sure 10 cars are 1.5 tubing and will go over a 100mph. How about just getting to 85 faster, is that to scary?
Also I see the IAT sensor trick as perfectly fine as well as tricking the speed sensor or unplugging it.
What about bleeding off signal to waste gate to get more boost or better yet put a stiffer spring in it.lol

Reactions: Brian B

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
The wastegates aren't vacuum and spring controlled. I think they are electronically controlled. I think they've come a long way towards trying to keep folks from tinkering with them to make them stronger.

I don't think a resistor in line with the IAT to trick it into a richer fuel map is like adding a fuel controller. It's really no different than having an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and running 65psi rather than 55psi like stock.

jdrew1965

Oct 28, 2015
I think everyone has been overlooking the best way around all of this. Since I have had a drink or two I will share. It is not difficult to run a spliced wire harness in your car and add in whatever you like just hide it. Heck, if you can't figure out how to do this I will walk you through it on FaceTime. Get a second wire harness, route it so the "REAL" ECU and/or fuel controller is hidden somewhere (and even on a switch if you like). Just put the other flashed ECU under the dash or in a box built around the air filter, just somewhere it isn't normal to look. All the while a faux ECU is sitting exactly where Corey is gonna look for it. The additional 4 pounds isn't going to throw off anything. Plus you can do exactly what Derek Murray was saying, use a switch to turn on the fuel controller, boost or whatever you have going to get that edge. Seriously having an unlabeled switch in your car is pretty easy and you can wire it to do almost anything. Or just make sure your engine guy is hanging out for the hour and a half after the race to "unflash" your car before they take the ECU.

This is pretty fun coming up with ideas that are obviously ridiculous just to have a thread continue on. I love you guys and don't like some things we all deal with, but if we continue this Corey is gonna think he needs to strip our cars to the chassis to make sure no one is cheating. Maybe someday we will just act like all the other classes and put the turbo cars in the unlimited class so everyone can do any ecu mod, turbo swap or what ever the market comes with and the level playing field is what it should be..... Taking the chance to push the limit and the desert being the judge. Seriously the percentage of Pro Turbo cars that started vs finish tells a tale of the desert not being much of a factor.

Reactions: iceman1922

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000