Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Ok I was wrong all though nobody wants to speak about it or nobody really gives a shit besides me .. I was told you can go online to can ams sight and buy a DOhickey thinymobobber and plug it into the wire harness and it overrides the things I was speaking about earlier in the ECU and that the can am racers get to and are allowed to run this on the race cars ... hmmm

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Ok I was wrong all though nobody wants to speak about it or nobody really gives a shit besides me .. I was told you can go online to can ams sight and buy a DOhickey thinymobobber and plug it into the wire harness and it overrides the things I was speaking about earlier in the ECU and that the can am racers get to and are allowed to run this on the race cars ... hmmm
I believe what you are referring to is called a GIZMO by Can-Am. It plugs into the diagnostic port that BUDS plugs into and basically "unlocks" the ECU so that the safety features(shaft saver and TQ limiter) are removed. You have to contact Can-Am and fill out a form that submits your VIN number and voids your warranty. They are generally only available to Factory Can-Am racers.

IrateMarty

Feb 20, 2012
The ECU rule is stupid because it can not be policed fairly. Let them play damnit! Let the desert limit the class. I want to see these UTV's finish these races as fast as possible. I want to see them move up in the overall results!
Make the rules the same as the production class. Limit displacement and Tire size. That's it!
Rant over.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I believe what you are referring to is called a GIZMO by Can-Am. It plugs into the diagnostic port that BUDS plugs into and basically "unlocks" the ECU so that the safety features(shaft saver and TQ limiter) are removed. You have to contact Can-Am and fill out a form that submits your VIN number and voids your warranty. They are generally only available to Factory Can-Am racers.
I was told I wasnt allowed to change anything besides the speed limiter on my RZR

Reactions: bluediamond

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
So here we are a year later and all you pussies are still sniveling about the rules. I've told you several times how to fix this issues, but its so much easier to come on here & bitch then to really do something about it. Actually fixing the problem is as easy as coming on here and will save you some money in the process.

If all the racers banned together and as a group and called Casey and said we are not showing up to the next race until the UTVRA was removed from being the Ruler of the UTV class. It will take only 1 BITD race, and that would get Casey's attention and you guys could get this 1 man organization fixed. Right now you are letting the series run and control you, when its "You the Racer" who actually have the power. But hey keep racing for today and screw the future of the class!

Corey took all the Polaris ECU's?? WTF I would tell him to inspect at the track and give me back my part, that I paid for. If the UTVRA wants to take ECU's after the race then they need to provide them at their expense.

Reactions: ironworks

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
You don't know casey very good.....he has told folks more than once to go race elsewhere if you don't like my rules

Reactions: JoeyD23

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
So am I the only one who thinks that changing tire size via accessing the ECU is against the rules the way they are written??? I mean look, I am not trying to ding the can-am guys but a rules a rule, how is there an exception made? Again, I am just confused on this. I was under the impression YOU CANNOT TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE THE ECU. Is tire size not controlled inside the ECU?
My plug has a chasity belt on it..... There is no way to access my Turbo Rzr ecu. I'm not sure if all the Polaris's have this or just mine? Shouldn't Can Am have their port secured?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
My post was with serious question. I am trying to understand and I am no where as smart as some of you when it comes to the technical side of engines & electronics. I am trying to understand how the can-ams change tire size and if it affects the ECU or not.

If its just affecting the speedo and not actual MPH then its not a big deal at all but if you are altering the ECU to compensate for running larger tires thus improving performance then to me that should be against the rules according to the way they were written.

Again, I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. I believe S3 and the other can-am guys do play within the rules. I just keep getting texts and messages asking me about this crap and I'm lost.. lol

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
So let's ask a question here, when has anyone here lost a race by lack of speed? From my recollection everyone has been beat by the course, or part failed or just plain bad luck. So why all the attention on the cheating issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
So let's ask a question here, when has anyone here lost a race by lack of speed? From my recollection everyone has been beat by the course, or part failed or just plain bad luck. So why all the attention on the cheating issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When you're spending 3-5K on one race it would be safe to assume that everyone would want a level playing field when thats what the rules require, but I'm just assuming. Also not in any way am i accusing anyone of cheating especially S3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000