Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
so if I plug into one of my sponsored drivers cars and use my digital wrench and upload some changes, is that legal? Same thing as Can Am! if so Ill happily hook up every racers ecu before the race with a speed sensor signal change..

Reactions: Brian B
Aug 30, 2015
Sheridan, WY
Speaking of XPT ECU issue, Corey indicated that he was planning to pull them after the race so I ordered 10 immediately only to find they are on back order. That being said, I have 10 ECUs I can ship to racers TODAY with the XPT mapping. Note that the new ECU that comes from Polaris fits many models of RZR and RGR and thus needs to be updated with Digital Wrench to put the XPT mapping into the ECU. Most dealers charge for this. In an effort to help BITD and racers in general, I will not charge you for the time to use Digital Wrench upload of the mapping. I will post a separate thread on how to contact us for the ECU.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
so if I plug into one of my sponsored drivers cars and use my digital wrench and upload some changes, is that legal? Same thing as Can Am! if so Ill happily hook up every racers ecu before the race with a speed sensor signal change..
according to the rules yes you can. Finally someone gets it going through the data port is not messing with ecu.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I call Bullshit on it all the can am guys get a race ecu as discussed before and the race ecu or program is not the same as delivered if I went a bought a machine off the showroom floor the race ecu or programming has other features disabled ... Right ? I was told for safety .. I dont remember but thought is was stuff like shaft savers and belt saver and what ever cuts power to the motor if the car starts to tip ???

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Johnny we don't have a race ecu, I cant speak for other Can-am teams as I've never asked or cared to ask .... we run a 100% stock ecu as delivered from the factory, the same one that comes in a 2015 Maverick from your local Can-am dealer.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Johnny we don't have a race ecu, I cant speak for other Can-am teams as I've never asked or cared to ask .... we run a 100% stock ecu as delivered from the factory, the same one that comes in a 2015 Maverick from your local Can-am dealer.
You didn't get it.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Pretty F-ing Clear to me.

Ole money bags is riled up ... LOL

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
according to the rules yes you can. Finally someone gets it going through the data port is not messing with ecu.
So is that how the can-ams get their tire size adjusted?? Through a data port?? If thats the case and you are not removing the ECU could then a polaris go through the data port to change stuff??

I am just confused that the Can-Am is allowed to change anything for tire size if you are not allowed to touch the ECU???

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
So is that how the can-ams get their tire size adjusted?? Through a data port?? If thats the case and you are not removing the ECU could then a polaris go through the data port to change stuff??

I am just confused that the Can-Am is allowed to change anything for tire size if you are not allowed to touch the ECU???
Yes below the dash next to the ECU is a square plug. That plug connects to what is called mpi2 I believe, and that connects to your laptop, and voila! You have access.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Yes below the dash next to the ECU is a square plug. That plug connects to what is called mpi2 I believe, and that connects to your laptop, and voila! You have access.
So am I the only one who thinks that changing tire size via accessing the ECU is against the rules the way they are written??? I mean look, I am not trying to ding the can-am guys but a rules a rule, how is there an exception made? Again, I am just confused on this. I was under the impression YOU CANNOT TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE THE ECU. Is tire size not controlled inside the ECU?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
The rules should say car must run the stock ecu and programming as supplied by the mfg. No changes of ANY KIND are allowed. You have to consider what is the intent of the rule in the first place. I think the intent is clear.

If in fact the current rules give Can Am an advantage you won't see the change in language.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
So am I the only one who thinks that changing tire size via accessing the ECU is against the rules the way they are written??? I mean look, I am not trying to ding the can-am guys but a rules a rule, how is there an exception made? Again, I am just confused on this. I was under the impression YOU CANNOT TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE THE ECU. Is tire size not controlled inside the ECU?
Ding ding we have a winner.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The rules should say car must run the stock ecu and programming as supplied by the mfg. No changes of ANY KIND are allowed. You have to consider what is the intent of the rule in the first place. I think the intent is clear.

If in fact the current rules give Can Am an advantage you won't see the change in language.
What the rule should state is that "There is no way to police the ECU" so reflashing them is Ok.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I'm willing to bet the ECU S3 ran came out of the box and was bone stock still in the factory sealed package. And they still won their class. No dealer programming at all. I don't think you need it unless you want a speedometer. I bet the Can Am computer is able to run without the speed sensor so it just runs to the red line and not the speed limiter for safety. It just has no speedo or maybe electric fan circuitry.

But trying to police this class for anybody short of some one who is a government hacker is not gonna possible

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
What the rule should state is that "There is no way to police the ECU" so reflashing them is Ok.
Allow flashing and there's no argument to be made.

I was under the impression the no flashing rule was implemented to keep the turbo vs N/A cars on a level playing field last year when they we're in the same class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Yes, for some reason Can-Am allows you to simply unplug the speed sensor and continue on... we tested that on the dyno. As an FYI by unplugging the speed sensor it also disables the shaft saver and torque limiting factors in the ecu as the speed sensor is what triggers that... something that would need to be programmed out usually.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Yes, for some reason Can-Am allows you to simply unplug the speed sensor and continue on... we tested that on the dyno. As an FYI by unplugging the speed sensor it also disables the shaft saver and torque limiting factors in the ecu as the speed sensor is what triggers that... something that would need to be programmed out usually.
Look at that finally we have the answer, was wondering how long before someone answered it. So can am doesn't run 100% stock just saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000