Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
View attachment 12627 What was going on here Staggs?
That's was after the hit, car stopped on the right and we we're over 40mph when it cut from the right to the left of the track as we approached and couldn't stop in time , and we hit. Our bumpers we're locked together my passenger side front to his driver side rear which confirms my story of them crossing over in front of me and I couldn't stop. They were stopped off to the right the whole time we were in alternate pit, guess they got it going at the wrong time and didn't see approaching race traffic . I am not as mad as I was so I am just happy no one got hurt or worse it wasn't a bike or quad

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Here is what took us out , notice only damage to the front passenger side , pushed the arms back into the frame , bent a tie rod and some other stuff ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452575460.079958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Can someone explain how the ECU put the car in limp mode? Usually the car puts the ECU in limp mode...
Can you use a key to change parameter yes or no
You cant change any parameters in the ecm with buds, only the parameters in the cluster, which stores codes, vin, tires size and power steering settings.... nothing performance related can be touched with buds. You have to use buds to marry the cluster to ecm.
can a key change parameters yes or no. I am not saying anybody is cheating. I am saying its plan stupid on how UTVRA is going at it.

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
can a key change parameters yes or no. I am not saying anybody is cheating. I am saying its plan stupid on how UTVRA is going at it.
Absolutely a key can change parameters. Not only can it limit what the stock mapping can do, but it can also switch the ecu to a completely different performance map. When we reflash an XD-S ecu we set it up so that the grey key will have stock parameters and boost levels, but once the black key is inserted... boom 12psi and shit ton more power!

Reactions: JoeyD23

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Black key is 100% throttle

Grey key is something like 70% throttle and has a speed limiter

Orange key is like 40% throttle and 40mph speed limiter.

These are programmed parameters in the ecu. You can't make either of the keys do more than what they are programmed to do unless you then program a key. You can program a grey key to have the same unlock code as a black key. But that stil only gives you 100% throttle. There isn't anything to do with the keys that will unlock more power

Edit: what Nate is talking about is reflashing the ecu with higher boost maps. And then programming the keys to control which map you are running. Which is still a reflashed ecu. Something S3 is not running. Stock ecu and then another stock ecu installed by Cory. The key doesn't hold the magic unlock code. The ecu has to be reflashed and then the key controls which map to be used. By installing a 100% new stock ecu they should have eliminated any question as to what they are running. A key doesn't reflash the ecu with more power. The ecu has to be reflashed to do that

shane88

Nov 5, 2014

I don't know what to tell either one of you.... all I know is we run a factory untouched ecm. I guess us being asked to change our ecm to one fresh out of the box right before the race wasn't good enough. Whats it gonna take "the stripping shop" and Nate... is it gonna take one of yall bringing a factory 2015 121hp factory ecm fresh in the box and install it in our Maverick... Will that make yall feel warm and fuzzy inside?

Why are y'all insistent that someone has to bend or break the rules to win... its freaking sad! We win and have been relatively successful by focusing on our program and not worrying about what other teams or doing.... maybe some should take note, because its getting flat out ridiculous and childish. If someone has a problem or accusation by all means come tell Dustin or myself to our face and get your $500.00 protest money ready! Don't wait until after the race and make assumptions or accusation on the interenet!

Also "the stripping shop", So Cory (UTVRA) asking us to change the ecm right before the race to make Polaris racers feel better is going about it the wrong way?

Last edited:

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
I don't know what to tell either one of you.... all I know is we run a factory untouched ecm. I guess us being asked to change our ecm to one fresh out of the box right before the race wasn't good enough. Whats it gonna take "the stripping shop" and Nate... is it gonna take one of yall bringing a factory 2015 121hp factory ecm fresh in the box and install it in our Maverick... Will that make yall feel warm and fuzzy inside?

Why are y'all insistent that someone has to bend or break the rules to win... its freaking sad! We win and have been relatively successful by focusing on our program and not worrying about what other teams or doing.... maybe some should take note, because its getting flat out ridiculous and childish. If someone has a problem or accusation by all means come tell Dustin or myself to my face and get your $500.00 protest money ready! Don't wait until after the race and make assumptions or accusation on the interenet!

Also "the stripping shop", So Cory (UTVRA) asking us to change the ecm right before the race to make Polaris racers feel better is going about it the wrong way?
Throttle back there turbo... I have never implied nor stated that you were cheating. Someone asked about how the system worked and I answered the question. don't be so damn defensive. It was clearly stated before the season that ECU's can, and will be swapped at any given race. I just assumed Cory was trying to prove how good the stock Can-Am setup was, not that you were suspect, lol...

Reactions: facteryfmf

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Throttle back there turbo... I have never implied nor stated that you were cheating. Someone asked about how the system worked and I answered the question. don't be so damn defensive. It was clearly stated before the season that ECU's can, and will be swapped at any given race. I just assumed Cory was trying to prove how good the stock Can-Am setup was, not that you were suspect, lol...
Nate I guess that's my bad since I assumed you were jumping on the "they have to be breaking the rules to win" band wagon lol. Just sick of seeing peoples wins getting discounted by others..... we arnt the only ones that have dealt with it, I know Cognito, Johnny, and Jagged to name a few have dealt with it and I know its present in every form of racing.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nate I guess that's my bad since I assumed you were jumping on the "they have to be breaking the rules to win" band wagon lol. Just sick of seeing peoples wins getting discounted by others..... we arnt the only ones that have dealt with it, I know Cognito, Johnny, and Jagged to name a few have dealt with it and I know its present in every form of racing.
Rumor has it we change motors behind walmart!!! Bwahahahaha!

Reactions: shane88

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com

Why are y'all insistent that someone has to bend or break the rules to win... its freaking sad! We win and have been relatively successful by focusing on our program and not worrying about what other teams or doing.... maybe some should take note, because its getting flat out ridiculous and childish. If someone has a problem or accusation by all means come tell Dustin or myself to our face and get your $500.00 protest money ready! Don't wait until after the race and make assumptions or accusation on the interenet!

not once have I said anybody is cheating look at past quote. I think what you and dustin are doing from down south to these veteran west coast racer is ph key or retty dang cool not in a Polaris. But because your team mate/UTVRA owner operator is trying to do to the ecu/ rules is killing you guys. He wrote those rules and at the mint400 can am bet them. So Polaris found that ecu couldn't be tampered with and UTVRA stuck to his guns on the rules. Now everyone one knows you can mess with ecu without breaking into them. Polaris/Yamaha/can am and arctic cat all can be done hell even the big 3 can be. But he sticks to the rule/ when he could of changed it at the start of the season to a restrictor plate for all models to breath through the same straw and level the playing field and not kick out all motor builders out of the turbo class. Plus bring more sponsors ex turbo direct. But now being thick skulled and hard headed UTVRA has cost S3 maybe championship. Changing your ecm right before race maybe costing you overall 1st. Hell what would happen if BUDS/ key didn't recognize that ecm. What would happen if Polaris ECU had a bent pin and wouldn't start or pin got pushed back so on bump it wouldn't read. Hell what if UTVRA lost a Polaris ecu. UTVRa is messing with electronics that is way above his pay grade and it will fail. The 2 biggest racing association don't even do it NASCAR and DAKAR why would UTVRA with no funding try to do it. Turbo is a good name for you shane lol

Reactions: Queen Racing

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I have never really heard the reason to not allow reflashes. If the people doing tec do not have the tools neccasary to check for it why not allow teams access to ECMs' and be done with it. Then no one has to wonder or worry that because they havnt done it they may be slower then the next guy that may have. Usually things like these come from a safety concern. I can't see that or the unlimited cars would be restricted and they are not.

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Rumor has it we change motors behind walmart!!! Bwahahahaha!

Don't act like I havent heard about that lol!

I understand what your saying stripping shop. all we can do is abide by the rules regardless of who writes them.... if we don't like or agree with them then we can go race somewhere else.

Reactions: BiggJim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000