Official UTVUnderground 2016 BITD Vegas To Reno Update Thread

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul

badassmav Well-Known Member

The whole turbo thing came at a bad time for Lambert. After years of product development, he fine tuned a package that was as reliable and competitive as the dominant and upcoming teams and chassis' in the sport. Right when he is postured to reap the rewards of his efforts, BOOM! In come the turbos. The moment that Cory unilaterally began defining this new technology and its introduction into the sport, It was evident that the repercussions would disrupt what plans anyone had for racing a ute in the premier leagues. The only top team not to make the leap to turbos was Cognito. He has a product to sell, and winning on Saturday sells on Monday. With 4 consecutive wins, and probable sweep for a class championship at hand, his company should be sending off a bottle fine cognac to Cory come December. As I have said before, a tuned and polished n/a car can match the turbos early on, but as the teams learn how to keep the turbos together, it is a fundamental fact that under the existing rules, the n/a cars will not be able match the turbo's times and average speeds. I noticed he was over 4 minutes off of the pace of the turbos in Laughlin. V2R should see that gap widen even more. One shake of my magic 8 ball has him racing a turbo in 2017, where he will be a year behind on the learning curve.

BiggJim I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved

V2R can go 1 of 2 ways....1. we get our asses handed to us by the turbo cars as we cant match the torque and horsepower those cars make....or 2. The N/A car has the advantage of not having all the turbo issues in the HOT nevada desert..... In a Sprint Race 100% the Turbo has the Clear Advantage....in the Long Haul on a Hot Day....ehhh time will tell.

Also....you cant possibly think any lessons the Turbo teams have had has gone Unnoticed;)

I stand corrected!

Reactions: CognitoMotorsports

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
WOW! nearly 75 MPH TT avg speed and almost 57 mph for the UTES. Thats got to be a record. C'mon Todd. I know you know the stats! Chime in.
Congratulations are in order to Cognito. Still dominating the family of UTV entrants.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Does anybody know the official starting order? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Last edited:

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Jagged disappeared on my tracker.

Edit. Never mind they show finished when you click on their name.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
People are also forgetting the 'nut behind the wheel' factor. Justin can straight up wheel a ute, whether it has a 'Schmurbo' or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: COGNITO

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Nice run by Ryhs Millen...unofficially 3rd in NA...if im reading the tracker right. If they stick with UTVs' they will be one of the favorites in every race they enter. Pretty cool to have someone with that resume racing UTVs. Corry Weller with a 7th in NA is pretty sick too. Is there anything in racing shes not good at ?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
What an amazing day. The highlight for me was after the race I was given the honor of surprising the top RZR finishers with cash bonuses from Polaris. $5k for 1st, $2500 for 2nd, $1500 for third. But then they told me that if RZR sweeps the podium in any of the two classes that they would double it. That meant Lambert was awarded a $10k payday, Burroughs a $5k and Millen $3k!

It got better though.

Carver and Guthrie not only also were awarded cash bonuses, I also got to be a part of informing them that they also were being signed to full on Factory Polaris racing contracts!!!

Made my day!

I had a blast with our crew chasing this race. Thanks for hanging with us here guys!

quadracer12

Sep 21, 2014
I would have thought that Guthrie already had a full factory ride. That's awesome!

What was the times of the new x3 compared to the turbo pro class?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Damn I think Polaris sponsors the whole field almost. Them Can Am guys got some serious amount of cars to Race against and to get on the Podium is even better for Can Am since they are so out numbered. Funny that Polaris offers up cash for a Sweep.

Reactions: BLR

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Damn I think Polaris sponsors the whole field almost. Them Can Am guys got some serious amount of cars to Race against and to get on the Podium is even better for Can Am since they are so out numbered. Funny that Polaris offers up cash for a Sweep.
Thats funny or cool? We thought it was pretty cool to get that call and get the chance to surprise those guys.

We had also heard from another Can-Am racer that Can-Am put up $10K for a win to their racers for this race also.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I would have thought that Guthrie already had a full factory ride. That's awesome!

What was the times of the new x3 compared to the turbo pro class?
Mitchie did have support, but not a full factory ride. He is now a PAID racer, we are so happy for him. We have been there alongside him since his first year in a UTV. He is another guy like Sims and Rahders that truly earned their way in with results. Same can now be said for Carver. These guys didn't leg hump their way into a deal (not that doing that is wrong) they were noticed and approached for their skill set, team, commitment and approach.

The Murray X3 completed the race in 13:19:13
The Murray Turbo X ds completed the race in 11:45:22
The Cognito / Lambert XP 1000 completed the race in 11:21:55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000