Official UTVUnderground 2016 BITD Vegas To Reno Update Thread

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Looks like Moneybags, if he can maintain his current pace (6th place) and finish, will jump up to 2nd place in the points standings in the 6100 class. Current points leader Smiley is running in 11th, and needs a dnf for Johnny to leave Reno with the points lead. 2nd in points, Banning, was a DNS this morning at Tonopah. 3rd in points, Benavides came into this weekend just 4 points ahead of Johnny, and is currently running 17th, 11 positions behind Ol' Moneybags. GO JOHNNY (told ya' you were the man)!
Meanwhile, Marc is in a points sandwich with the 913 car (currently leading Marc by 10 points) just 2 positions and 6 miles behind him, and the 917 car (trailing Marc by 1 point) 3 positions and 5 miles ahead of him. Shit's effen going down! Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as Branden is entered in the event, he still can collect championship points, even if he personally is a no show. Not sure what your ailment is Branden, but sorry you're not behind the wheel . Looks like pops is no slouch though. Good for you, and your team.
Everything was cleared by BITD for my dad to take over driving duties this weekend, so you are correct my dad is there racing for points. Last weekend I was involved in another accident involving serious 2nd degree burns on my left arm and back. I tried everything in my power to get better, but my injuries would have been extremely susceptible to infection. Thank you for the positive words Reid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
The tracker has been showing Carver with a 4 MILE lead on the field since nearly the start this morning. Now, suddenly in 2nd. An ouch for him, or oops by the tracker. By RM 305, it had him with a 4 mile advantage over everyone. No one can be that much faster than his class. Even a TT couldn't gain a 4 mile advantage over the turbo utes in only 10 miles of track. Bottleneck maybe?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were staged on how they finished yesterday? Thus allowing Carver a 4 mile lead starting at the green light

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were staged on how they finished yesterday? Thus allowing Carver a 4 mile lead starting at the green light

They (turbo UTES) started off the line this morning at 9:30. First 25 cars at 1 minute intervals, then 30 second intervals after that. I was told this by my brother (crewing this race) at 9:21 this morning.
Sorry to hear about your burns. That couldn't have felt good chafing against your race suit at 110 degrees ambient temp for 8 straight hours. Infection aside, I don't know how you, or anyone, would be able to focus enough to be competitive in this race environment given your condition. So, the driver substitution is valid for only one race in order to be eligible for the championship, correct? Good luck onward from here. Although I'm minimally biased towards Marc's success, I'd be thrilled to see your team take home the championship.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
They (turbo UTES) started off the line this morning at 9:30. First 25 cars at 1 minute intervals, then 30 second intervals after that. I was told this by my brother (crewing this race) at 9:21 this morning.
Sorry to hear about your burns. That couldn't have felt good chafing against your race suit at 110 degrees ambient temp for 8 straight hours. Infection aside, I don't know how you, or anyone, would be able to focus enough to be competitive in this race environment given your condition. So, the driver substitution is valid for only one race in order to be eligible for the championship, correct? Good luck onward from here. Although I'm minimally biased towards Marc's success, I'd be thrilled to see your team take home the championship.
Exactly my dad was granted this race due to the circumstances. I was about to throw in the towel the day bodies the race, but my dad and crew told me they would get it handled. I will be healed up soon and will be ready to battle side by side with Marc at the Blue Water Challenge. Once again thank you and we'll continue to give Marc a run for his money

Reactions: Factory UTV

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Looks like Cognito still 1st overall...might be a battle brewing for 2nd with Carver and Burroughs...

Any updates from pits or anything?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Does anybody know the order the they left the line Friday? Pro turbo, Pro N/A, Pro unlimited? Did they start today on corrected time or the order they came in yesterday?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Does anybody know the order the they left the line Friday? Pro turbo, Pro N/A, Pro unlimited? Did they start today on corrected time or the order they came in yesterday?
Regarding the turbos, I don't know yesterdays start Hans, but today, they started the first 25 cars in the order they finished yesterday. Spaced 1 minute apart, then 30 seconds per car after that.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
We just left RM456. Here is what we saw.

1918 Lambert
1948 Burroughs
936 Carver
1975 Cafro
96? Gastel
917 Murray
960 Laidlaw
951 Guthrie
1907 Duke Boys
1987 Millen
1898 Jones
919 Schueler
1970 Dragon Fire
905 Burnette
1924 Beurrier
913 Sims

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Marcs on the move. Now up to 4th. Murrays leading, and Poppa Simms holding down 7th. Finishing here puts Murray's atop the points, followed by Simms -3 or 4, then Marc -3 or 4.
HOW ABOUT MONEYBAGS, UP TO A PODIUM 3RD POSITION in 6100. Effen Johnny is gettin' it!

Reactions: jajl22

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Marcs on the move. Now up to 4th. Murrays leading, and Poppa Simms holding down 7th. Finishing here puts Murray's atop the points, followed by Simms -3 or 4, then Marc -3 or 4.
HOW ABOUT MONEYBAGS, UP TO A PODIUM 3RD POSITION in 6100. Effen Johnny is gettin' it!
On the move? Him and Jagged have been glued to each other for the past 3 hours at least

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
On the move? Him and Jagged have been glued to each other for the past 3 hours at least

3 hours nothing. Marc and JX have been sharing silt all day! Marc started the day 10th off the line, and ran 6th or 7th most of the day. At the time of my "on the move" post, he was tracking in the 4th position.
As of 4:43,
-Murrays @ RM 601 in 1st
-Marc @ rm 580 in 4th
-Simms @ RM 557 in 6th
(all 3 stats shared the same update time on the tracker, so they might just be accurate.)
AND, Moneybags, 2 miles from finishing in 4th (on track), but surely now 2nd in the championship points standings for class 6100. Next week, he forgets all our names! Badasas mofo, that Johnny is. Enjoy quenching your parched throat with a victory grit Johnny.
-

Reactions: SimsMotorsports

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000