Sims RM778
K.Matlock RM770
Schueler RM715

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Un Banned - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 3, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I havent heard much from Johnny or the team except "Everyone is okay, ripped the front end off, trying to get to the trailer now." About 1100ish last night..

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Matlock started first remember. Millen started 22nd. That's about 10 minutes in difference!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
I'm impressed as hell at how fast these guys are.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I'm impressed as hell at how fast these guys are.

Zambo, are you becoming a believer in these UTVs (Golfcarts) now? Don't let the RDC crowd know! LOL! I've been saying that the UTV's biggest limitations were the tire size and lack of experience the teams have had. But now with allowing a 32 inch tire in BITD and 33 in Score (33 should be the rule for both series) and with teams getting more experience you are seeing the results.

Over the past few years my prerunner has sat covered and dormant, as we use our XP4 UTV for all the family Superstition desert trips, and I've done 3 Baja trips with it. Each trip was in the 500-600 mile range. I've posted two Baja trip story's on this site.

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
Zambo, are you becoming a believer in these UTVs (Golfcarts) now? Don't let the RDC crowd know! LOL!

Over the past few years my prerunner has sat covered and dormant, as we use our XP4 UTV for all the family Superstition desert trips, and I've done 3 Baja trips with it. Each trip was in the 500-600 mile range. I've posted two Baja trip story's on this site.
If there is one thing I like its new tech. I'm never very impressed by the bigger hammer approach to racing.

Reactions: Simi Dude

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If there is one thing I like its new tech. I'm never very impressed by the bigger hammer approach to racing.
I edited my last post, so re-read!
Yes the technology is cool, but they need the be carefully it does not kill the class longer term. You've been around awhile, where did all the other manufactured supported classes go? They price them selves out, manufactures pull out and the racers move up to other cheaper, faster etc.. classes. Remember how big the "Ford" stock truck classes were in BITD? Even Rob Mac was in it as that was were the big money was. Now you could not find a stock, full, mini or SUV racing in BITD. You guys brought the Dodge over to take that money.

Right now a two year old car is losing its competitiveness. If this class is to survive like 1600 they will need to figure out a way to control the technology allowed to enter the class.

1965Chase

Feb 20, 2016
Matlock is 26 miles out! Looks like Millen closed that almost 12 mile gap back down to 5 miles. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
I edited my post, so re-read!
Yes the technology is cool, but they need the be carefully it does not kill the class longer term. You've been around awhile, where did all the other manufactured supported classes go? They price them selves out, manufactures pull out and the racers move up to other cheaper, faster etc.. classes. Remember how big the "Ford" stock truck classes were in BITD? Even Rob Mac was in it as that was were the big money was. Now you could not find a stock, full, mini or SUV racing in BITD. You guys brought the Dodge over to take that money.

Right now a two year old car is losing its competitiveness. If this class is to survive like 1600 they will need to figure out a way to control the technology allowed to enter the class.
Keep the race cars as stock as possible and force the manufactures to make better machines if they want the edge. When you let people spend 80k or more on a UTV they will do it, then pretty soon you HAVE to do it to even be competitive. Hint: there are a lot more people out there with $40k than there are with $80k.

1965Chase

Feb 20, 2016
Its been a close race all night. I think Millen may have gotten around him sometime around 3am?? I was half asleep

Nick

Un Banned - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 3, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Millen will win PRO UTV (as long as he finishes)
Matlock will win PRO UTV FI (as long as Sims finishes 4+ minutes behind him)

The battle between Millen & Matlock is for the glory of FIRST UTV TO CROSS THE LINE.

Millen started 10 minutes behind Matlock and in a non turbo car to be where he is on the course is RAD!

Reactions: facteryfmf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000