Official UTVUnderground 2015 Baja 1000 Photos / Story / Results

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I will speak for myself. It's hard to turn off the creative side and just do coverage. You want to get that banger. If I am in a corner and you are coming in hot you can be sure I am ready. If you are on a Sunday drive I am not wasting my time. If your not serious and out there really racing I am not taking the shot. I want to see action. Sorry, race pace or no photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some teams only know 1 pace....on or off

Reactions: JoeyD23

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
When you go to the race, maybe you'll understand the time it takes to move around the city and course.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Just guessing he thought he was going to get stuck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Anybody know where Reid has been? Texted him and called him but nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
A ways before I was too hot in a corner so went straight off the course I put in 2wd to whip the back end around and forgot to put back in 4wd. I tried before the shot but wasn't slowed down enough so didn't engage. What u see is me stopping to make sure. Later I hit a rock and got a flat....where's the video of that? Was fascinating footage!!! Lol

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Great write up, Great coverage. These photogs are the hardest working guys out there come race day.

George could you just STFU once in a while?
Ok right after you f*** yourself. I was just joking and everyone knows it but apparently you. The only opinion that matters is Joey and I think I was crystal clear. Dude, your posts have as much entertainment value as watching water boil!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyD23

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"...We had a crew of 16 guys..I will admit. I'm not happy with the photo coverage. The quality is bad ass but I too like start line and finish line images but guess who is usually shooting those!? Yours truly of course and I couldn't make the race this year..."
We're simply wondering how "16 guys" can be convinced by one or two that if they aren't (cough) "professional cameramen" they shouldn't be pointing and shooting whatever in the heck that they have on them at every occasion (regardless).

It's about recording history, the racers and (heaven forbid) fans and customers all around the world.

Suggestion:
Figure out what it costs overall to even partially fund a 'professional' shooting this race who is severely limited not only by logistics but those few pics sent back that are deemed 'worthy' in THEIR minds and instead try opening up the process.

I have to believe that there are plenty of locals/race fans who will send all the pics that you need at a fraction of the price (or free) when they start competing with each other or simply do it because they love the sport (perfect pics or not).

We don't care about quality if we can't even get quantity.

(by the way...where is that guy who concurred/complained about the coverage that he previously paid for anyways?)

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
We're simply wondering how "16 guys" can be convinced by one or two that if they aren't (cough) "professional cameramen" they shouldn't be pointing and shooting whatever in the heck that they have on them at every occasion (regardless).

It's about recording history, the racers and (heaven forbid) fans and customers all around the world.

Suggestion:
Figure out what it costs overall to even partially fund a 'professional' shooting this race who is severely limited not only by logistics but those few pics sent back that are deemed 'worthy' in THEIR minds and instead try opening up the process.

I have to believe that there are plenty of locals/race fans who will send all the pics that you need at a fraction of the price (or free) when they start competing with each other or simply do it because they love the sport (perfect pics or not).

We don't care about quality if we can't even get quantity.

(by the way...where is that guy who concurred/complained about the coverage that he previously paid for anyways?)
You should try this fancy machine called Google. There are a lot of links to other forums and photographers with pictures. That or you can just go down there and show everyone how it's done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000