Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD3 Lake Havasu Pics & Results

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Great pictures Joey!

Congrats RJ! Does anybody else notice that he is the only one out there driving (and winning) with his girl friend in the RH seat? :rolleyes:

Haha

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I saw the passenger and figured the person wasn't Doug Mittag this round. :p

Pretty bad-ass to be the only one to race with the extra weight and still win.
I wonder if they hold hands at the start! :p

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Awesome pics Joey. Thanks as always. Congrats to all who participated and completed what sounds like one of the most ruff races of the season. Awesome to see Cody and the 570 up front that little motor screams!!!

Nate
Alba Racing

benhoopes

May 6, 2010
Joey your pics are sweet!

Who else was taking pictures? I saw that JDMFoto.com put up a bunch of pictures too. Any other guys out taking pictures? I want to see some more jumping pictures.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I have lots more photos just not enough time to edit them all. If anyone is interested I could sell some photo packages. Not what I usually do but if you want a selection of photos of yourself send me a PM, I will see how many I got of you, and then we can decide a price.

Thanks for all the props guys. Please share the link to UTVUnderground on all your facebook and twitter pages! Help us grow the sport!!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
I'll add my overall experience. :)

1st, I had a ton of fun and appreciate the help of my good friend Waytay who helped me get to Havasu and Primm.

I started on the front row in Production 1000, and was supposed to have gate pick 4. In the driver meeting, they said it didn't matter where you are in the sighting lap, just pick your spot when you get back around. I was towards the back of the sighting lap and the front row was basically full when I got there. So much for that theory.

Driver Mtg

I squeezed in between Beau and RJ, which caused RJ to reposition to the left to give some breathing room between us. Turns out neither RJ or myself needed it because I was apparrently asleep at the wheel! :rolleyes: The whole front row left before I even stepped on the throttle I think. I blew it!

I proceeded to effectively take off on my own and still managed to not be last into the first turn. It was tight and the beadlock bolt damage to my nerf bars prove it!
Immediately we were in some of the MX jumps and this proved to be a problem for me as with only the single sighting lap I just didn't have a good feel for the jumps yet. I followed as best I could but was probably a road block for some others. I found I basically had more power than I could use and needed a combination of more talent and either EPS or some serious work at the gym! My arms were tired pretty early in the race and the wheel was hard to hang on to at times.

I ran a moderate pace for about 20 minutes, trying to really learn the track, until I noticed the handling was getting weird. Turns out I broke the rear sway bar. You can see it hanging on the left in Joey's CV Fire pic.

Broken sway bar

While I was trying to figure out what was going on with the handling, I lost drive to the left rear wheel. This resulted in more clanking from the rear (I could hear it over the engine even with the helmet on), and radical changes in direction when getting on/off the throttle, plus the added steering effort from the AWD kicking in almost constantly. I thought it broke an axle shaft but it turns out it was the left rear inner CV. Knowing I had some issues, and wanting to finish the race, I made the decision to back way off to make sure the right rear axle/CV didn't break and that I would indeed finish. This strategy worked as I finished under my own power in 14th but I definitely gave up a lot of positions in the latter part of the race. This is pretty clear in my lap times too.

Broken CV

So for Surprise in April, I'll have fresh rear axles and CVs, EPS, and a renewed effort to get a good start! Also, must get there for Friday practice as not knowing the track is a HUGE disadvantage!

Also, congrats to Waytay for holeshotting the 2nd row of Production 850 with his Benchmark powered 750 Teryx!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Joey your pics are sweet!

Who else was taking pictures? I saw that JDMFoto.com put up a bunch of pictures too. Any other guys out taking pictures? I want to see some more jumping pictures.
I doo too post links!! I cant find the one you listed above

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks Joey for your continues suport to the sport. We had a rock take out the sending switch to our fan on the first lap. Had to slower down then on the third lap we blow the upper radiator hose, front axal, and sway bar. See you all next round. Congratulations to all the finishers of the tough weekend.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I would like to say I had a ton of fun at Havasu last weekend. I was not sure if I was going to go till Friday about 3:00. I pulled the car out of the trailer it had paddles on it and was full of sand from glamis. I went out for presidents day and had not touched it. Washed it off and changed the tires. Of course double checked a number of things...

The video below shows the start of the line ahead of us, also shows the part where i blow my hole shot and did not know the hard left was so hard and then of course the view from close to the ground. That was the first time I have ever put a SXS on its side:mad:..In reference to the start I am running a stock bore motor with Benchmark heads cams and pistons. Pump gas @ $4.79 Gallon...might as well be race gas:eek:

The photo below shows me on the far left, my spot was the only one left for the 2nd row when I showed up.

[ame=http://youtu.be/dliTUsYIVu8]Worc's Lake Havasu 2012 850 class - YouTube[/ame]

On another note at the drivers meeting it was mentioned that worcs was planning on two day events. My personal opinion is that should be limited to one race per year. Having a one day race event for the sxs's keeps it affordable and allows most people to make it back to work for Monday. IMHO

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000