Official SXSPerformance Endless Summer photo and story thread

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
We were thinking that we should start an official story and photos thread from the event this weekend just like the racers do after their races. I'm sure there are thousands of stories from the trip this weekend and even more photos (Evidence) floating around.

I want to start off by thanking each and every one of you who took the time to make it out to the Glamis north hot springs and spend the weekend with us at the SXSPerformance Endless Summer UTV party. The last four days have been a blur and we're still a little foggy so bear with us...

The first official event to take place for the weekend was the GBC Motorsports Show and Shine. Congrats goes out to Wally World for taking home the best of show title in his killer Kawasaki Teryx4.

The Second activity of the weekend was the SSV Works Stereo Contest. Our very own Joey D in his newly finished Teryx 4 featuring an SSV works system took the top honors.

Finishing out Friday night was the PRP Parrot head pool party. There's not much to say here as I don't quite remember most of it. I do remember eating more tacos than Aaron and him Kung Foo fighting wile Karaoking. Aaron and his whole staff at PRP did an amazing job Friday night and it will be hard to top next year!

Now on to Saturday, we saw most people break up into groups and hit the trials in the morning and check out what the area had to offer after a great breakfast from Cal and the staff at the Glamis North Hot Springs.

The first of the games kicked off with an impromptu over the line tournament in the pool. Word has it this may be an official event next year. Next up on the list was the Long Travel Industries wetlap race. This was a great event to watch as everyone had their own recipe for sucess and the shenanigans that took place during the race were awesome. (I'm sure Jim and Melissa will share their story here) For those that don't know what a wet lap race is we would give the passanger a mining pan full of water with a tether to the seatbelt and they would have to drive around an obsticale course and the team with the most water and fastest time would win.

The second game of the day was the DG Off-Road potato race. Here two man teams would again compete in their UTV on the obsticale course and make six stops along it to spear a potato and compete for the fastest time. One stop even required you to back into an area to be able to reach the potatoes. Some teams weren't able to find all 6 potatoes and others had problems spearing them and getting them back in the car.

The last competitive event of the day was the stick and can race and added an additional challenge as the sun was starting to set during this game and the last competitor finished just before dark. Again two man teams would do a 100 yard dash of sorts with 6 sticks with color coated cans on them in a row. The driver would pull the cans off and turn around at the end and the passenger would reload the cans on the correct stick. There was strategy written all over this game as people were trying everything to be the fastest. Some of them (LOGAN) had very slow times when hitting the stick with the tire sending the can flying required the driver to get out and retrieve it before continuing.

Saturday night brought an eventful night at the pool. No official pool party but a party broke out to say the least! Nothing says party like furniture in the pool and people trying to protect themselves from a moon burn with an umbrella in the pool. The music was playing and the times were great making Sunday morning come way too fast.

On Sunday the ISA held their first annual membership meeting discussing the theory behind the ISA and what the important issues were that needed to be addressed over the next year. Congrats to Rusty for his election to the Board of Directors! The ISA has a very successful meeting and was educational for both the board and both members and prospective members. I'm sure this will be expanded upon in the ISA section of the site.

Bringing this extremely long post to a close the good news is Cal loved us and can't wait to have us back for next year. We have booked the dates for 2013 and have already started planning a better event so be sure to tell all of your friends as I'm sure they won't want to miss next year as it will be bigger and better.

Thanks again to each and every one of you who took the time to support us and to the sponsors who saw the value in this event in it's first year.

Our official sponsors for the 2012 Endless Summer event were SXSPerformance.com, PRP Seats, DG Off-Road, Long Travel Industries, Vision X, SSV Works, GBC Tires, UTV Underground and Shampa.

Thank you,
Mike Lasher

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
Good times... I will post minutes from the ISA Meeting later today after I catch up from time off work.

Winners of the races from memory.
Wet lap Team Norco Posse
Potato Race Team Shake and Bake
Stick and Can Team Yep!

Next year we are changing the schedule around just a little,
Sat morning breakfast buffet and ISA yearly congress.
We will be adding the wiffle ball OTL pool tournament. That was a blast.

In addition My follow up with Glamis North Camp ground yield a new location for our games with a water truck, so the camp spots don't get dusted out, and a more central location so its closer to the pool to get cooled off between runs. as well as figure out how to have power for a PA system. We anticipate this event will grow significantly next year based on early feedback.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
What a great weekend!!! This was the way to kick off a new desert season! Huge thanks goes out to Mike and Jeff for all of their hard work in making this weekend happen. Also big thank you to Cal at Glamis North for the amazing facility and accommodations. I will certainly be going back multiple times this year and I hope others do to!

I am working on a homepage story with photos from the weekend but lets keep this thread rolling with stories and your own images.

The games were a blast. The show and shine had some really respectable cars entered. Just a solid weekend overall!

Sorry I didn't see many of you on Sunday, I was in a hurt locker... hahhaah

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I love how I was in the pool on saturday night and watched the belly flop contest and totally forgot it happened...

Congrats to Rusty for winning the Individual GOLD and Aaron and Bullet for winning the Team Gold.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We had a blast !!!!!

Thanks a ton for putting this on you guys.

And as for shennanigans, "I know nothing" :cool:

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Just wanted to say The Endless Summer Event was Kick Ass!! It was great to spend time with people who have a passion for UTV's, Riding and care about the future of our sport.

As always, the hospitality of the La Familia gang, Joey D, Rusty B. and families was 2nd. to none. It was so great to hang out with such good people and meet new people as well.

I cant say enough about Glamis North. Its like finding a diamond in the rough. Who knew out in the middle of no where there would be such a great place.

Again I can't say enough about Glamis North, Im hoping this event opened a lot of doors for them and the Turner's are definitely looking forward to the next event @ Glamis North.

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000