Official Parker 250 update thread!!!

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
Anyone care to speculate what caused the exhaust to burn the pipe, alum heat shield and a football size hole in our tire? We had the ECU reflashed and they removed the fuel controller. Running pump gas on a stock XP 1000.

Attachments

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
Another view....the car lost power gradually over 14 mi. Initially topped at 65 then 55 then 40 etc till some guys pulled up and said your on fire as we sat in the car wondering wtf is it running so crappy. As hot as it got it could have been a lot worse.

Attachments

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
Yeah I agree it had to be red hot to do this. I don't think the reflash was done in a way to compensate for removing the fuel controller. I suspect it's going to be a valve job and piston. It burned thru a lot of aluminum. Just lucky it didn't burn thru the fuel cell. A good example how a little thing turns into something serious....very serious potentially.

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
Hmm, if true seems like a flagrant violation. Wonder how it got by SCORE tech? If it was the while cage seems to taint things a bit. If a motor was over 1000 cc would they be allowed to race? I'm sure 2nd and 3rd place aren't happy.

The talk now is if Johnny get on the podium if racers will protest because he failed tech due to his tube wall thickness being to thin. Sappington gave him a one race pass.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
well heres my story(1963), I went with all intentions of knowing I couldn't compete .but had no choice. I was warned by big jim about my shocks, but once again, I had to make the race.my intentions were to show up and stop before the first lap to wait for the leader and do a grand prix finish.off the line the car felt great.we made it all of about 5 miles before the belt grenade.it was wadded up so bad in the clutch that it took us around 20 to 25 minutes to get it replaced.back on course after that and we were feelin ok.started to push a little more and the shocks were just not up to par for the weight of the car.(as I was warned).got close to the finish and decided, HELL WITH IT, we are going to go for both laps.after we made through the python, I pushed a little harder. that's when we heard the big bang.Handling went to crap.stopped at midway and confirmed sway bar bolts were broke.track was pretty tore up and the front shocks now almost felt non existent.decided we needed to slow down some and bring her home across the line for 29(unofficially).all in all this 2011(yes 2011) 900 with the original trailing arms,radius rods ,sway bar links,axles and cv's.did ok.cant wait to do it again

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
The 900 is still very competitive. Kent Perkins finished 4th with a broken axle changed in the pits and a flat tire 5 miles before the finish line that they drove in on. (And started in the 10th row)

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
The 900 is still very competitive. Kent Perkins finished 4th with a broken axle changed in the pits and a flat tire 5 miles before the finish line that they drove in on. (And started in the 10th row)

But Kent Perkins is the man.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Kent Perkins was fast. Was that a 900, really?

Great reporting Joey.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000