Official Los Padres NF Adopt A Trail News, Events, Updates and Pics

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I wanted to get an official thread going for all future Los Padres National Forest Adopt A Trail activity. La Familia had our first training today with hands-on trail work. Susan B. (OHV AAT Coordinator) was a fantastic trainer and extremely welcoming. We got dirty fast and made quick work of the trail needs today. This is history!! Her first UTV AAT group, and Im guessing, not too many UTV groups are in AAT programs right now. We are hopefully paving the way for our industry in this respect, with members pursuing other trails in different districts. I want to personally thank all the members who came out today, worked your butts off, and left a positive impression with the FS. Our work has just begun.......:)

We have adopted:

TRAIL 118 , FRAZIER MINE TRAIL, Frazier Park
TRAIL 119 , FRAZIER TIE ROAD, Frazier Park

HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES:
1. Anyone doing "trail work" will need to be on current "roster". PM me your full name and phone if you think you will be doing trailwork in the future (Anyone under 18 doesn't need to be on roster, but is the responsibility of the adult member)

2. If you are going up or planning a trailwork trip, post it up so everyone has a chance to join in if they can. Call Susan ahead of time to see if she has any specific projects needing to be done, and just to let her know you are heading up there.

3. Either give Susan or me your volunteer hours, because I'd like to keep track of them on this thread, and she needs them for her documentation.

4. Tread lightly, be responsible, be safe and HAVE FUN!!

TRAIL SPONSORS:

CanAm/BRP
Rugged Radios

VOLUNTEER HOURS COUNTER: 202 (Updated 10/18/12)

Last edited:

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
Great job guys .. I wish i could have been there ..Looking out for the Miller Canyon Trail Restoration crew trip ??? I see this as a very positive move for the UTV off road industry . Well as some of you know they have a big clean out at Glamis the middle of Jan. It
has turned into a very big event with raffle tickets per bag of trash etc . they have lot of prizes to win. it's a fun event.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
How do you start a great day doing AAT work? At BIG JOHNs with some stuffed french toast

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
The new Chuchupate Ranger station is MUCHO nice!! "Hey Garrett, uh..I think that stuffed bobcat is staring at ya...." just sayn...

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
A little break to check out the station before going out for the site tour and trail work

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
XPirate found himself a new "animal skin hat", but turns out it wasn't for sale

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
They have lots of storage for tools and machines to keep our trails mean and clean!!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Luckily, Susan has the key to all the hiding places....

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
The yellow sign says it all!! Saving our trails takes everyone to respect them

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Everyone who came to this training were focused and ready to learn, Well, except I think Onerich may have briefly fallen asleep standing up ;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
After lunch, the staging area was beginning to buzz with preparation for the trail work ride

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Before you know it...BAM!! Trail work, underway by the best dang AAT crew in North America!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000